Director of Engineering, Global UI (R3278)
As Director of Engineering in the Global UI organization, your primary responsibilities will be to deliver a best in class user experience for Avalara customers. You'll drive engineering excellence and flawless execution of innovative solutions to deliver a unified experience across our broad set of products and services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentoring and leading a team of talented engineers, ensuring we have the right structure to balance engagement and support with growth and scale, with an inclusive work environment.
- Providing technical leadership, including architectural guidance and technology strategy across multiple product lines.
- Partnering closely with product and design to deliver a user experience that our customers love.
- Leading multiple teams to ensure we can execute flawlessly on product and engineering roadmaps.
- Collaborating closely with stakeholders and leadership in and outside of engineering to ensure we have alignment and are executing on the right business objectives.
- Influencing and supporting broader agile and SDLC related processes.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years experience working on Saas-based solutions or complex, large scale enterprise applications.
- Minimum 8 years experience in leadership positions, managing and growing teams.
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies eg. AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience strategizing, creating and executing on technical roadmaps.
- A strong customer focus and desire to improve our customers' lives.
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S., Canada, Brazil, UK, Europe and India
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.