Avalara is seeking Solutions Consultants to work with our Partner Sales Managers and Customer Account Managers to drive sales. These individuals must be possess a solid understanding of transactional taxes, tax solution implementation, and accounting and tax related business processes. Solutions Consultants engage with our customers, prospects and partners to assist in discovery calls, provide proof of concept presentations, and answer technical questions to support the sales staff.
- Drive and influence sales by using industry specific knowledge to deliver compelling demonstrations personalized to an audience
- Provide tax and technical answers to sales staff via phone, email, and in person
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs
- Travel to attend and present at trade shows and conferences and perform on-site meetings
- Perform industry and thought leadership presentations
- Work with sales training department to develop content and perform training sessions
- 5+ years in transactional tax and/or tax technology
- Understanding of transactional tax compliance and general finance & accounting
- Experience implementing tax solutions
- Excellent communication skills to deliver compelling presentations, demonstrations and training sessions
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience as a tax professional or tax manager
- Is a certified public accountant
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.