Senior VAT Analyst - General Application
Are you looking for your next challenge and want to join a rapidly growing, innovative, dynamic international company? We are looking for an experienced Senior Tax Analyst to join our EMEA Compliance Specialists and Filings team.
Avalara are always looking for talent and keen to identify speculative candidates for recruitment in the future. Our aim is to compile a rich talent pool with the view that, as positions become available, we will be able to contact those candidates that have registered their interest.
Please note for this role we can offer flexible and remote working options.
- Working on complex client VAT issues.
- Building trusted client relationships.
- Supporting with Indirect Tax projects.
- Ensuring all submissions are completed on-time and accurately.
- Managing client audits / authorities’ questions on VAT matters.
- Acting as a mentor and providing VAT training for the team.
- Assisting with research for Technical & QA Teams of Country compliance laws and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Attention to detail, with a drive to continuously improve.
- Results-oriented, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Potentially part-qualified with recognised tax or accounting body.
- Minimum 3 years' VAT compliance experience.
- An additional European language is hugely desirable - German, Czech and Hungarian.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at [email protected]
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.