Manager, Sales - DAVO
Avalara is looking for a highly motivated and successful Manager, Sales. This individual will leverage their sales and management experience to elevate and inspire a team of sales executives to overachieve monthly targets in a highly fast paced and volume based environment. Responsible for executing a strategy to drive high performance through teaching, mentoring and coaching methods that supports a phone based selling motion. The Manager will have a bias for action, someone who flourishes in a fast-paced, dynamic, and sometimes chaotic environment. This position will be based in our Seattle or Durham office.
• Effectively lead a brand new business sales team to consistently deliver aggressive results for Avalara by thinking creatively and innovatively about how to educate customers and drive awareness of Avalara's tax compliance solutions in Avalara's ESB's down market and On Line Buy platform
• Inspire, motivate, develop and lead team members while creating a culture of unity and shared success
• Drive accountability throughout the sales team as a core principle with clear expectations, inspection, constant feedback and leading by example; manage to a clear performance management process
• Coach and mentor sales team to identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, and networking
• Drive success throughout the team with a relentless focus on metrics, performance and results; this spans across pipeline creation, activity levels, conversion and close rates, as well as quota achievement
• Continually evaluate and align the team to ensure we are optimized to achieve high growth based on Avalara's strategy
• Provide incredible ‘value add' to the sales cycle by developing a deep understanding of Avalara's solutions and offerings as well as the marketplace, competitive offerings, and overall process
• Build and maintain relationships with Avalara partner sales, marketing teams and other third parties to jointly accelerate the volume of high quality pipeline
• Successfully partner with other Sales Managers, Directors and VPs to ensure we are aligned and set up for success – we call it the Power of One
• Ongoing recruitment of top talent and development of existing talent
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience: 3-5 total years of sales experience with a minimum of 1-2 years of sales management experience required.
• Experience selling and managing in high volume transaction environments (primarily phone-based selling).
• Solution Selling: Demonstrated experience leveraging and executing on a Solution Selling methodology
• High emotional intelligence (EQ): Ability to successfully lead through change, effectively communicate and influence cross functionally, and inspire high employee engagement
• Relationship Management: Track record of successfully building and sustaining relationships with prospects and partners coupled with a deep and broad network of channel/partner relationships
• Tools: Solid experience with Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Web Conferencing, etc.
• Education: BA/BS in finance, business or related field
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.