Sr. UX Designer
Our UX team’s design principles are:
- Focus on users and their journey
- Design with data and best practices
- Advocate efficiency and consistency everywhere
These simple principles guide us through our day to day, and keep us rooted in what’s important and who we are making software for. If these resonate with you, than we’d love for you to meet the team.
What you’ll do....
- Create design deliverables appropriate to projects - including flows, diagrams, mockups, interactive prototypes, specs, and assets for stakeholders, validation with users, and engineering teams
- Oversee projects with minimal guidance from the UX team
- Work with multiple product teams and projects across multiple time zones
- Work independently, prioritize, and manage work to meet simultaneous timelines
- Design based on internal design system, working with UX team to identify missing components
What you’ll bring to the role....
- Proven track record working with Product Management and Engineering
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously across diverse product teams
- Use, contribute to, and help to maintain Avalara’s product design system
- Help establish new and/or improve existing workflows as necessary including the full customer journey spanning discovery, purchase, onboarding, and on-going product usage
- 5-8 years of experience
- Bachelors or higher degree in a User Experience related field such as (UX design, HCI, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design.) Or equivalent professional experience
- Proven application of Design Thinking methodology
- Experience analyzing and applying user research to aid in user-centric design solutions
- Portfolio of 3+ live or shipped projects that you were a principal designer
Where you will work…
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.