Sr. Compensation Analyst
This role can be remote in the United States*
- Participate in the preparation of our global annual compensation review cycle (range updates, budget calculations, training materials, communications, Advanced Comp configuration and testing, etc.).
- Prepare and deliver presentations to assist senior leaders with decision making.
- Build models to automate analysis to assist customers with recurring compensation needs.
- Partner with the HR Systems team to create and maintain compensation data (job profiles, salary and equity ranges, and incentive plans) in Workday.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to create and update compensation business processes in Workday.
- Evaluate jobs for scope, level of responsibility, experience, and education requirements to determine proper placement within our job architecture, EEO, FLSA classifications, etc.
- Participate in the creation of compensation policies, procedures, and training materials.
- Prepare and submit recurring and ad-hoc compensation surveys.
- Stay informed of legislative activities and regulatory changes and evaluate impact to compensation programs.
Qualification and Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in global broad-based compensation in the Technology industry.
- Outstanding analytical and modeling skills.
- Proficiency with Workday HCM and Advanced Comp modules (business requirement preparation/submission).
- Project management experience.
- Detail driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
- Must have a can-do attitude, the ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks under accelerated deadlines.
- Self-starter, self -directed, and able to work well and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Strong consultation skills and the ability to seek out information and provide high quality advice.
- Mastery of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience with Market pay is a plus.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.