Sr. Systems Engineer - Automation
The Senior Systems Automation Engineer leads the effort optimizing Avalara IT efficiency and scale by automating process and repetitive tasks that impact our Avalara end-users and service desk(s) as we grow. Areas of focus will be across the Avalara IT tech stack, ranging from Windows automation and integration of HRIS, ITSM and IAM systems.
You must be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and who can deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced employee onboarding and offboarding automation using Workday, Okta, ServiceNow, Office 365/Exchange online, and Active Directory
- Working directly with business stakeholders like HR and various IT groups to gather requirements, analyze problems and develop comprehensive solutions for automating process
- Manage automation and integration with ITSM like ServiceNow and and other SaaS API
- 5+ years automation development experience
- 5+ years experience as a Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or similar role
- Superb Knowledge of Powershell scripting is a must
- Extensive experience with ITSM tools like ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Cherwell
- Windows 10 subject matter expert - Win10 deployment experience using SCCM, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and UEM/MDM solutions
- Must have working knowledge of virtualization technology like VMware ESXi, VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation, VDI
- Professional experience with Windows configuration management like Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Automation experience with CI tools like Jenkins, Bamboo
- Advanced Active Directory knowledge in an enterprise environment
- AWS, Azure, Terraform automation experience
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.