Avalara is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Global Deal Desk function. This position will play a key role in enabling large, strategic opportunities and provide critical support to the Global Sales and partner organization. This role is a tremendous opportunity for someone who enjoys the challenge of working with a first-class team in a high growth environment and is relentless in their pursuit of excellence. Be a critical member of the global organization that acts as a vital enabler of deal formation and execution with a focus on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability, and/or market share based on business priorities
- Build and lead systematic CRM workflows around Deal Desk sales engagement
- Develop deal frameworks, offer guidance and lead negotiation on deal structures and optimization for large, complex, non-standard transactions
- Create and document playbooks and models, enabling repeatable processes and scale
- Drive deals from inception to completion cross-functionally with sales, partner management, finance and legal to ensure sales proposals adhere to established corporate strategies and policies, including but not limited to revenue recognition and pricing policies.
- 3-5+ years of deal desk, business insights or decision support experience in a high-volume sales organization
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and decision-making ability
- Highly proficient in all applications of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willing to work in a fast-paced and flexible work environment building to create rigor and process
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or similar discipline required.
- Demonstrated ability to build quantitative models and structured problem solving
- Experience developing operational processes and process improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge of working in complex cross-cultural environments to drive business process change
- Prior experience in SFDC, Tableau, and RDMS strongly preferred
- MBA preferred