The deal pricing team provides pricing expertise and deal strategy support to Avalara’s sales and partner team. We set the key pricing frameworks, develop the pricing tools and monitor our pricing performance globally. We also support the business on their most strategic deals.
The pricing Analytics Manager – Deal Pricing is responsible for managing the pricing scorecard and analyses for Avalara customers and partners. You will also partner closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance and Data Science teams to establish a rigorous analytical foundation for decision making. You will build tools and analyses that will inform the pricing and go-to-market strategy.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep knowledge of Avalara products and SaaS business, as well as exposure to the insight from senior leaders. The analytics manager should be a dynamic individual with strong technical skills combined with the ability to distill down complex financial concepts to simple narratives.
- Define annual price optimization initiatives by analyzing and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data to develop a compelling pricing strategy
- Work with product management to understand product roadmap and feature functionality to develop pricing and packaging recommendations.
- Create compelling materials to simplify complicated topics for decision making
- Use statistical and data science models to analyze and better understand the end-to-end customer journey, from acquisition to conversion to engagement and retention
- Develop compelling stories that convey the relevant synthesized insights to various internal audiences.
- Gather, synthesize, and interpret quantitative data within the context of business objectives, identify trends, and explore data through segments and cohorts
- Support annual Planning Process w/FP&A team
- 3+ years of analytical, data engineering or strategy experience
- Strong aptitude for analytics; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of data
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience driving initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to influencing decisions and driving execution to success is required
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment