Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack
We're looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer who just loves to code and thrives on complex problems.
The Engineering team is building Avalara's next generation of SaaS software to be part of every VAT calculation in the world. Software with 5 nines of reliability. Software which is part of a sales checkout process so it's got to be fast. And accurate. That requires systems with massive scale and redundancy by design with functional excellence. It also requires top notch APIs and a SOA design for maintainability and extensibility.
If you’re looking for opportunities to work on challenging problems, surround yourself with other hard working talented engineers, and want to spend your time building and shipping, instead of sitting in meetings, come join the orange revolution.
- Design and build great software
- Ship great software
- Contribute to building a great team
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Seven or more years building software
- Experience designing and developing SAAS software
- Experience performance tuning across all tiers
- First class C# and .Net framework skills
- Experience deploying in the AWS cloud preferred
- Proven experience leading and mentoring other developers
- A desire to drive continuous improvement
- Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative applications
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- A passion for technology and engaged with the technology community
- An insatiable drive to DELIGHT customers
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in accounting, VAT or a transactional tax service is desirable
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience working with international Engineering teams
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.