Senior Prospect Marketing Manager
Join the revolution! Avalara Inc., is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to drive lead generation programs for our Manufacturing and Software Business. This position will report to the Vice President of Prospect Marketing at Avalara and work closely with many cross functional teams, including sales, product marketing, partner marketing, channel management and customer marketing.
Avalara is a SaaS company and the largest global provider of sales and use tax automation software. We're building an “IPO ready” company. We have over 20,000 paying customers, funding from top tier investors, and a super smart team. And we're growing very fast. Avalarians make very complex things like sales tax, simple and fast. Come join the revolution!
Are you an energetic, insightful marketer who has a knack for driving lead generation programs? Do you constantly work with a sense of urgency, have a keen ability to adapt to change, and are as comfortable with analytics as you are with creative? Then we want to talk with you! Our marketing team is looking for a superb marketer to create and execute marketing programs to achieve lead generation goals and build the sales pipeline. If you're a marketing pro who is strong in messaging, sales enablement, is adaptable and engaging, and who is motivated to make things happen, you'll love joining this team of fun, talented, and interesting marketers!
Avalara is a marketers dream: we use a broad mix of strategies combined with a willingness to experiment, guided by metrics. You'll have access to use some of the most innovative, leading-edge technologies and tactics you'll find in B2B marketing.
- Plan, execute and evaluate marketing programs leveraging a variety of channels in the marketing mix, including email, webinars, advertising and other programs focused on lead generation and building the sales pipeline.
- Create and manage integrated marketing campaigns. Develop tactics and content that support a defined marketing program.
- Deliver timely marketing plans that include success metrics and reports for defined marketing initiatives.
- Analyze and understand key market segments to develop compelling messaging and marketing offers, as well as provide insights into buyer needs and behavior.
- Work closely with sales teams on lead conversion, nurture strategies and drive pipeline progression.
- Work with content and web team to publish content to the Avalara.com website, newsletters, and other outlets as needed.
- Build extensive knowledge in defined product/solution areas and develop industry, product and competitive expertise.
- Account-based marketing knowledge and experience a huge plus.
- Excellent grasp of B2B marketing, product marketing, and B2B selling concepts and the sales pipeline.
- 8+ years B2B marketing experience with focus on SMB space
- Experience in lodging industry is a plus
- Bachelor's degree. Degree in business, marketing or communications preferred. MBA a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong writing ability.
- Experience with CRM automation tools (e.g. SalesForce.com), marketing automation platforms (e.g. Eloqua), and analytic tools (e.g. Tableau) a plus.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.