Windows Client Systems Engineer
- The Windows Client Systems Engineer leads an effort optimizing Avalara IT efficiency and scale by building a modern client management practice. Areas of focus will be across the Avalara IT tech stack, ranging from UEM management, Windows deployment, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Windows configuration management.
- You must be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and who can deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Job Duties
- Architect and operate a zero touch Windows 10 deployment solution leveraging tools like VMware Workspace One, Intune, Autopilot and other modern management platforms
- UEM configuration and administration
- Configure and manage a software deployment center for end user software
- Write and maintain automation using PowerShell, shell scripting, using formal SDLC
- Working directly with business stakeholders in Security and various IT groups to gather requirements, analyze problems and develop comprehensive solutions for Windows client management
- Vulnerability management and remediation
- Provide Tier 3 client and systems support for Service Desk, including problem management and technical training
- 5+ years experience in Windows client systems engineering
- 5+ years experience as a Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or similar role
- Windows 10 Zero touch deployment experience using Intune, Autopilot, UEM/MDM solutions
- Windows 10 subject matter expert with hardening experience
- Experience with Okta and SSO
- Must have deep working knowledge of VDI technology like VMware Horizon, Windows Virtual Desktop, Amazon Workspaces
- Superb Knowledge of Powershell scripting is a must
- Extensive experience with ITSM tools like ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Cherwell
- Advanced Active Directory knowledge and GPO SME in an enterprise environment
- Professional experience with Windows configuration management like Tanium, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Advanced AWS knowledge, Linux workstation management and configuration, MacOS experience
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.