Compliance Assistant R3749
Avalara has built its VAT compliance and Fiscal Representation offering enabling sellers from the whole world to trade tax compliant in EU countries, including Poland. This is an innovative technology driven solution for the Fiscal and VAT compliance needs of small and large businesses and is scaling rapidly as an offering.
We are looking for a Compliance Assistant to the Poland Country Manager. As a Compliance Assistant, you will support the Poland Country Manager and foreign teams in supplying registration and VAT compliance services that meet our customers' needs while meeting business performance goals, as well as supporting us in implementing sustainable and robust processes. You will report directly to the Fiscal Representation Director and the Country Manager. A successful candidate shall be highly analytical person, who is great at dealing with the authorities and who is currently looking for gaining experience in the field of VAT compliance.
· Administrative supporting the Country Manager in all matters related to the ser vice of foreign entities registered for VAT in Poland
· Taking an active part in communication with tax and customs authorities, managing the Company's trusted profile on EPUAP
· Supporting other teams in the process of filing SAF-T files and EC Sales Lists
· Playing an active role in Intrastat registrations, Intrastat filling and EORI registrations
· Supporting daily operations in terms of VAT compliance process in Poland
· Monitoring legislative changes and business changes to ensure that internal processes are updated
· Participation in other related work / projects including cooperation with other teams at international locations may be required
· Bachelor degree ideally in Finance, Tax, Law or equivalent
· An experience in the field of VAT compliance will be an advantage
· Proficiency in Excel, Outlook and Word is Mandatory
· Fluent verbal and written skills in Polish and English
· Logical and analytical thinking
· Attention to details and problem-solving attitude
· Ability to meet deadlines, plan and prioritize work
· At ease and effective at working with officials
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of fuel, cup of coffee, or pair of shoes, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in EMEA, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at [email protected]
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.