Manager, GCP - DAVO
As the Manager of Global Payments, you will be leading and managing Avalara's tax remittance processes and delivering world class tax payment automation for global payments across a variety products and services.
• Build the team that will be responsible for payment processing.
• Leads, inspire, and ensures appropriate ownership and accountability in a highly operational and analytical payments organization.
• Responsible for the supporting and working with the accounting team and the monthly financial reporting requirements.
• Responsible for accurate and timely Client Tax Payment procedures and policies.
• Responsible for the management and resolution of AR/AP Accounts.
• Responsible for driving effective and scalable payment processing approaches across products, market segments and business units through automation and process improvements. The Global Payments leadership team will create a One Avalara treasury services that ensures the development, communication, control and execution of project plans in a consistent manner.
• Responsible for leadership and managing the monthly Payments cycles across multiple business units and systems
• Responsible with working within country banking and payment service providers that service Avalara payments platforms and procedures.
• Provide strategic planning to streamline and automate payments to European government agencies.
• Develops strong business relationships with high profile, high revenue customers to ensure a strong, long-term relationship with Avalara.
• Undergraduate degree, prefer Accounting or Finance (MBA is preferred).
• 5 + years financial operations, payment processing and or banking experience.
• 2 + years of operational management experience.
• 2+ years leadership experience.
• Payment Operations experience preferred, including background in Fiscal Representation and AML Program Management.
• Demonstrated work experience in the areas of treasury operations, accounting, data analysis, and problem solving.
• Strategic thinker with ability to assess current situation and future trends and bridge the gap.
• Aptitude or ability to utilize data mining software/tools (e.g. Monarch, Tableau, SQL, Micro Strategy, etc.) is highly desired.
• Work well under pressure and be able to deliver results under tight deadlines.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.