Manager, Global Client Payments
*THis position can be based in Seattle, Washington or Westbrook, Maine.*
As the Manager of Global Payments, you will be leading and managing Avalara's tax remittance processes and delivering world class tax payment automation for global payments across a variety products and services.
- Build the team that will be responsible for payment processing.
- Leads, inspire, and ensures appropriate ownership and accountability in a highly operational and analytical payments organization.
- Contribute to the month-end close process to prepare timely, accurate financial data that is in compliance with GAAP and Avalara accounting policies
- Responsible for the supporting and working with the accounting team and the monthly financial reporting requirements.
- Responsible for accurate and timely Client Tax Payment procedures and policies.
- Responsible for the management and resolution of AR/AP Accounts.
- Responsible for driving effective and scalable payment processing approaches across products, market segments and business units through automation and process improvements. The Global Payments leadership team will create a One Avalara treasury services that ensures the development, communication, control and execution of project plans in a consistent manner.
- Responsible for leadership and managing the monthly Payments cycles across multiple business units and systems
- Responsible with working within country banking and payment service providers that service Avalara payments platforms and procedures.
- Provide strategic planning to streamline and automate payments to European government agencies. • Develops strong business relationships with high profile, high revenue customers to ensure a strong, long-term relationship with Avalara.
- Undergraduate degree, prefer Accounting or Finance (MBA is preferred).
- 5 + years financial operations, payment processing and or banking experience.
- 2 + years of operational management experience.
- 2+ years leadership experience.
- Payment Operations experience preferred,
- Demonstrated work experience in the areas of treasury operations, accounting, data analysis, and problem solving.
- Strategic thinker with ability to assess current situation and future trends and bridge the gap.
- Aptitude or ability to utilize data mining software/tools (e.g. Power BI, SQL, Micro Strategy, etc.) is highly desired.
- Work well under pressure and be able to deliver results under tight deadlines.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.