Customer Account Manager
As part of the customer loyalty team, the Customer Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing the net revenue from Avalara customers through up-sell, cross-sell and add-on opportunities. Customer Account Managers must thrive on working in a fast-paced, exciting environment, creating value for the client and have strong account management and sales skills. Flexibility, emotional intelligence, networking skills and a focus on results are among a Customer Account Manager's key assets along with the ability to identify business needs and sell sales and use tax solutions via exceptional communication skills.
- Establish a professional working relationship with day to day users up to the executive level
- Manage a pipeline of add-on and up sell opportunities within a set of existing accounts and deliver results against a quota
- Responsible for customer retention (dollar and logo) throughout the renewal sales cycle
- Provide timely forecasts and risk analysis to direct manager as well as track customer and partner interaction, leveraging Salesforce
- Articulate and present the value delivered by Avalara products and services to various levels within an organization to ensure renewal and expansion sales
- Understand a clients' business environment and uncover their sales and use tax challenges to recommend additional products/services
- Work in a team environment with a Customer Success Manager to promote client retention and satisfaction
- Create a win-win environment for the client and Avalara by professionally and ethically negotiating issues related to contracts, pricing and service fees.
- Leverage the broader internal team and partner ecosystem to address client satisfaction issues
- Present a professional image via communication skills, both proactively and when under duress
- Grow relationships with key client contacts to ensure we add value at every step and ultimately get a client to promote us to their peers
- Build client references and uncover client success stories to share with the sales and CAM team
- Develop subject matter expertise and deep product knowledge in order to provide valuable actionable recommendations to clients related to best practices in managing sales and use tax
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience
- Minimum 5 years of sales, customer management, consulting or related experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Experience working with senior executive level personnel
- Experience negotiating contracts or facilitating resolution to customer problems
- Efficient work habits that allow for a significant level of multi-tasking
- Proven track record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.