Engineering Internships - Summer 2021
Join us in building a secure platform supporting Avalara’s expanding business. In this role you will have the opportunity to engage with the best and brightest engineers and architects as they build our future application and service capabilities, while ensuring our current generation solutions continue to deliver the trust and reliability our customers expect. If you want to make a big difference in a fast-moving environment without endless meetings, if you want to set your direction instead of having it set for you, if you want to have all of the benefits of startup and an established company, we want to talk to you.
*Specific job/project duties and team alignment will be shared as they are finalized and updated on Avalara.com but all interns are to expect the job duties below.
- Follow strategic direction from assigned manager and mentor to achieve project deliverables
- Collaborate with assigned team to identify gaps and propose solutions
- Partner with fellow interns to attend and participate in internship program events and activities
- Participate on an agile team – full lifecycle and full stack – including design, development, testing, planning, backlog grooming and support
- Identify and implement best practices for coding as well as development processes
- Desire to join Avalara as a full-time Engineer after completion of the internship
- Willingness to dive in and identify root causes and develop creative solutions
- Prior internship experience is a plus
- Pursuing a degree in computer science or related field
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.