Finance Director (Sales Compensation Planning)
Automation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with software bots – digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, optimized customer experience and more engaged employees. The company offers the industry leading web-based and cloud-native intelligent automation platform combining RPA, artificial intelligence, machine learning and analytics right out of the box, to help organizations rapidly start and scale their process automation journey. Its Bot Store is the world's first and largest marketplace with more than 850 pre-built, intelligent automation solutions. With a global network of 1,900 partners, Automation Anywhere has deployed over 2.1 million bots to support some of the world’s largest enterprises across all industries. For additional information, visit www.automationanywhere.com.
In this critical role, the Director of Sales Compensation will drive sales incentive compensation plan design, implementation, communication, monitoring and reporting of commission-based compensation. You will own the sales compensation process and will have responsibility for driving policies and governance. You will lead, coach and develop a team of sales compensation professionals. This role primarily supports the Field Sales organization and collaborates regularly with cross-functional groups including Finance, HR, Legal and other teams.
- Lead the annual Sales Incentive Compensation planning and design process. Define the right set of metrics that map to our sales goals and strategy.
- Design all elements of the sales plan working in close collaboration with the sales and finance leadership teams.
- Deploy targets and quotas across the field. Manage the process to cascade quotas down into the organization, and manage on going adjustments.
- Administer sales commissions and calculations, ensuring timely and accurate payouts to the field.
- Own the design and administration of compensation systems, partnering with the IT team to ensure the appropriate systems design and execution processes are in place.
- Partner with Finance, Sales, HR and business leaders to ensure sales plans include line-of-sight business metrics, driving intended focus and behaviors to achieve financial objectives.
- Continuously monitor sales performance against incentive plan metrics to ensure incentive plan effectiveness, efficiencies and accuracy.
- Provide analytical support regarding ad hoc research and other related variable pay projects as identified by management.
- Provide regular timely and accurate reporting and analysis on incentive compensation trending, payments and other related items
- Manage the development and implementation of supplemental bonus, awards & recognition programs for a global Sales organization
- Partner with HR to drive best practices for incentive compensation plan design (pay mix, metrics, weight & mechanics, etc.), implementation, communication and administration; (already mentioned that)
- Develop and implement compensation plan documents and sales incentive training programs for plan participants.
Minimum Qualifications & Education
- Bachelors’ Degree
- SaaS industry experience
- 8+ years of related work experience, in a hyper-growth company
- 4+ years experience leading and coaching remote teams in a global capacity
- Strong knowledge of sales incentive compensation concepts, sales data tracking systems, processes, and methodologies.
Preferred Experience & Soft Skills
- Xactly sales performance management tool - Prior experience/advanced user highly preferred.
- Strong organizational & time management skills; proven ability to effectively manage and complete multiple priorities and projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal, written and stakeholder management skills to effectively influence and manage expectations with Senior Management and cross-functional teams.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork needed to partner with peers on inter-department initiatives.
- Highly developed analytical skills. Ability to define, measure, and plan performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvements and savings, demonstrable ability to use such data to shape, form, and influence best practices in sales incentive compensation plan design. Advanced Excel knowledge is a plus.
Why Automation Anywhere?
At our company each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
As the leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), we provide a very compelling product where our teams are breaking new ground every day and given an environment to grow their skills and have fun along the way. Our technology is the game changer, and our people give us the edge to better our world and go be great!
Automation Anywhere is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.