Vice President, Strategic Innovation
Automation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with software bots – digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, optimized customer experience and more engaged employees. The company offers the world’s only web-based and cloud-native intelligent automation platform combining RPA, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and analytics right out of the box, to help organizations rapidly start and scale their process automation journey.
The Vice President of Strategic Innovation reports to the SVP of Customer Tranfromation and engages our customers to do deep discovery into how their RPA transformation could spark new revenue streams, improve operational efficiency, and create a competitive advantage This role is also responsible for working directly with customers and will be the subject matter expert on scaling their intelligent automation program and creating a transformation blueprint that the customer can use to scale their automation program enterprise wide. In the process identify how customers can use Automation Anywhere to create a strategic competitive advantage for their company. This role will work throughout the customer journey ensuring we directly address customer pain points and emphasize Automation Anywhere value. This role will also build a Business Transformation program that creates an integrated experience with a team of highly skilled transformation experts that can be used during the sales cycle to arm some of our top customers with scalable blueprint to transform and create a value driven multi-year engagement. Finally, you’ll also work internally with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, Marketing and Sales teams to share your knowledge, provide thought leadership and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
Customer Value Strategy:
- Architect strategic customer experiences that surprise and delight, drive conversion to sale, retention, and growth; build on qualitative and quantitative insights from voice of customer and other data sets
- Develops an RPA vision and strategy to implement both operational “quick wins” as well as a continuous and sustained process for an increasing digital workforce.
Leads transformation of operating practices across various key customers including providing expertise, tools, and techniques to help functional teams implement RPA solutions.
- Launches and scales up a demand management and business value delivery capability. This capability should include a structured process for identifying repeatable and rule-based activities that can be automated, an evaluation process for determining a level of fit and financial/business benefit of opportunities and a process for vetting, sequencing and prioritizing automation candidates.
The successful candidate will ideally have intelligent automation experience
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g., user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Strong problem solving, synthesizing, and analytical skills
- Design thinking and strategy methodologies
- Ability to challenge the status quo, and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and technology teams
- Strong execution ability and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and to work and collaborate with others, to consider the needs of the customer and to build/leverage relationships across functions and organizations to achieve business results.
- Bachelor’s degree: MBA / Postgraduate Degree preferred
- Business Consulting, Process Re-Imagination, Design thinking, Value selling experience
- 10+ years of experience demonstrating progressive responsibility in enterprise improvement roles with deep expertise in implementation of improvements at the operations level.
- Demonstrated superior business process, project management and organizational redesign experience. Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change in complex organizations
- Experience in managing a cross-discipline team and working in a highly matrix environment across many different businesses and IT leadership in an environment of competing interests.
- Self-motivated with a process improvement mindset and the ability to understand the big picture, but also break that down into smaller actionable steps.
- Knowledge of RPA, preferably Automation Anywhere.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.