Principal Software Engineer - Ruby & Java (FIQ Team)
Automation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with software bots – digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, optimized customer experience and more engaged employees. The company offers the world’s only web-based and cloud-native intelligent automation platform combining RPA, artificial intelligence, machine learning and analytics right out of the box, to help organizations rapidly start and scale their process automation journey. Its Bot Store is the world's first and largest marketplace with more than 1,000 pre-built, intelligent automation solutions. With offices in more than 40 countries and a global network of 2,000 partners, Automation Anywhere has deployed over 2.4 million bots to support some of the world’s largest enterprises across all industries. For additional information, visit www.automationanywhere.com.
We are looking for a hands-on Principal Engineer to join the FortressIQ (FIQ) team at Automation Anywhere. FIQ advances the AI-powered, cloud-native Automation 360 platform with process discovery, intelligence, and optimization that can scale to any system or application across any vertical. FIQ uses innovative computer vision and artificial intelligence techniques to process data at scale across the entire enterprise, allowing companies to understand and monitor current state processes, and then make meaningful process improvements.
As a Principal Engineer, you will own/operate critical systems and help create industry leading, innovative and differentiating features for our product. As part of a very dynamic team, you will play a critical role in envisioning and developing comprehensive solutions as part of our Product strategy. You will work in a high energy, fun and engaging work environment with talented colleagues from diverse backgrounds and experiences. This is a remote role with the ability to work anywhere within the continental U.S.
You will make an impact by being responsible for:
- Own and operate critical systems and components of the FIQ architecture
- Adding new features to the product at rapid pace
- Building prototypes to explore new scenarios and optimizations of existing solutions
- Working collaboratively with product management and customer success teams from diverse technical, creative, and business backgrounds
- Creating and reviewing architectural designs
- Mentoring and providing feedback to engineers
- Maintaining very high-quality bar from the start and championing continuous quality improvements
- Assisting in developing, organizing, and maintaining technical practices and actively engage in rolling out improvements
You will be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science or comparable field
- 10+ years’ experience in designing and developing complex distributed systems software at scale for an enterprise B2B or B2C product
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails and/ or Java and experience in building for Cloud Platforms (like AWS, and GCP)
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS (Postgres) and NoSQL (redis, SOLR)
- Strong proficiency in microservices, and distributed systems
- Good command over Data Structures especially XML, JSON data formats and processing technologies
- Hands on in Design Patterns, TDD, and building scalable Web Applications
- Experience in using Windows or Linux API desirable
- Working knowledge of CI/CD DevOps practices and containers/orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes are a plus
- Machine Learning / AI Application development experience is a plus
All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.