Staff technical Program Manager
Staff Technical Program Manager
The Staff Program Manager will be responsible for driving programs across the entire product management team, ensuring consistent and complete delivery of all workstreams. As needed, the Program Manager will flag areas of concern to both owners and leadership with sufficient lead time to address potential problems before the need to escalate. A successful Program Manager will be the definitive “go-to person” for clear, concise, and concrete views of all key programs.
The position will be highly visible across the company. There is a tremendous opportunity for growth.
- Proactively drive multiple workstreams to completion with appropriate tracking, dashboards, and metrics; work with appropriate leaders to identify KPIs and warning signals
- Proactively update cross-functional teams, including leadership, on a regular basis
- Proactively alert appropriate teams/leadership when early indicators show risk to program completion
- Own release management across all major products; work with engineering counterparts to track software release readiness; track end to end release cycle across stakeholders spanning multiple areas including product marketing, corporate marketing, finance, legal, and operations
- Ensure go-to-market launch for a workstream or release is enabled and set up for success
- Align releases across teams to minimize impact to customers and the field
- Track programs across major accounts, partnerships, and OEM engagements
- Identify overlap across workstreams and minimize duplicate work when possible
- Ensure the flow of customer requests through Products and Engineering provides Customer Support and Customer Success the responsiveness and visibility to delight the customer
Desired Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Solid understanding of end-to-end product release process, go to market, and enablement
- Leadership: The Program Manager will be considered a respected leader by their peers and management. Must be analytical and bright, able to make informed decisions based on past experience and sound instincts. The successful person will be a key player on the leadership team and will possess a leadership style that is both confident and direct, tempered with sound reasoning and judgment
- Program management is not simply present to track other people’s deliverables and set up meetings. It should proactively seek and identify opportunities for alignment across workstreams as well as applying critical thought to proposals
- Program management should be seen as a savior, not a nag – workstream leads should seek partnership and alignment because you can spot challenges faster than they can
- Influencing skills: Proven ability to lead and motivate teams. Achieves organizational focus on key priorities, provides clear direction, delegates actively communicates and coaches. A committed mentor and team builder. Experience with international PM/dev teams a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in Cloud, SaaS, or Software product development.
- 6+ years of technical program management experience.
- Experience with both startups and larger/public organizations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- The mature approach to intrapersonal engagement – be a level voice that takes responsibility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluid, compelling presentation skills are required
- Comfort with a management audience with appropriately leveled content
- Presentations and written word must be crisp and consistent
- Comfort with international audiences who may not speak English as a first language
- Comfort with a mixed developer and business audiences
- Experience with software tools and processes for program tracking/review required; experience with automation a major plus
- Detail oriented. Coordinate across teams and represent a holistic view of the product and its current status
- Familiarity with business modeling for subscription-based pricing is a plus