Deal Desk, Manager - APJ
Deal Desk, Manager - APJ
Automation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with intelligent software bots – AI-powered digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, optimized customer experience, and more engaged employees. The company offers the world's only web-based and cloud-native intelligent automation platform combining RPA, artificial intelligence, machine learning and analytics to help organizations rapidly start and scale their automation journey from the front office to the back office to every office. Its Bot Store is the world's first and largest marketplace with more than 1,100 pre-built, intelligent automation solutions. Automation Anywhere has deployed over 2.6 million bots to support some of the world's largest enterprises across all industries in more than 90 countries. For additional information, visit www.automationanywhere.com.
The Deal Desk, Manager - APJ will help drive the overall productivity and sales effectiveness of the APJ regional sales organization by managing the ‘exception’ and review/approval process for complex deals. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Global Deal Desk, this role will partner with multiple internal groups including Sales, Support, Sales Operations, Contract Operations, Finance and Legal to maintain efficient processes. This position will be responsible for the enforcement of company policies and procedures (Finance, Legal, Channel Programs, etc.), escalation of non-standard transactions and legal document generation, maintenance, review and modification.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting and negotiating live with external customers and prospects, as well as internal senior executives.
You will make an impact by being responsible for:
- Becoming a trusted advisor by providing Sr. Leadership and our sales community with financial models and evaluation of deal economics, commercial terms, conditions and operational requirements to present a risk/reward profile for opportunities
- Take the global vision and strategic direction and implementing in the APJ region, by providing innovative deal structures, understanding products and using your knowledge about competition market data to support decisions
- Partner with internal stakeholders for reporting needs. Produce standard dashboards and operational reports to gauge health of the business and workload drivers
- Becoming an expert on the use of CPQ tool, reviewing and enforcing revenue recognition compliance for all quoting
- Being a key resource reviewing and approving all non-standard pricing requests that reach the level of executive management for approval. Reviewing will include financial analysis for gross margin, revenue compliance, and non-standard terms request
- Partnering with the field sales organization to drive large deal closure, being the ‘first point of contact’ for field sales including coordinating and managing month/quarter end deal closure
- Liaising with all organizations involved in the agreement process (contract ops, finance, order management and legal) on behalf of sales
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls, published sales and business approval policies
- Being a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements, structure, business terms and identification of potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth and strategic positioning
- Identifying and creating sales enablement best practice materials, educating our sales team on product bundles, pricing and positioning
You will be a great fit if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in a sales operations environment, preferably in the high-tech industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field. Advanced degree a plus (i.e. MBA or equivalent experience)
- 1+ years of experience with deal structuring/quoting complex SaaS transactions for a fast-growing global company
- Experience using CRM applications, SFDC preferred; SAP a plus
- Experience in a Pricing function is a strong plus
- A demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence
- Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to scale a team
- Proven track record of effectively interfacing with cross-functional departments and sales management
- Travel may be required, when safely able to do so
You excel in these key competencies:
- Energetic, driven and self starter
- Adept at thinking on your feet amidst ambiguity
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to lead, challenge and influence at all levels
- Superior analytical background with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Highly effective communication skills, including written and verbal
- Capable of explaining concepts clearly and credibly across all levels of the organization
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
Why Automation Anywhere?
At our company each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
As the leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), we provide a very compelling product where our teams are breaking new ground every day and given an environment to grow their skills and have fun along the way. Our technology is the game changer, and our people give us the edge to better our world and go be great!
Automation Anywhere is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
**All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address without HR/Recruiting approval, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.
All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.