Sr. FP&A Manager – CTO / Corp. & Bus. Development Support
Automation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with software bots – digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, optimized customer experience and more engaged employees. The company offers the world’s only web-based and cloud-native intelligent automation platform combining RPA, artificial intelligence, machine learning and analytics right out of the box, to help organizations rapidly start and scale their process automation journey. Its Bot Store is the world's first and largest marketplace with more than 1,000 pre-built, intelligent automation solutions. With offices in more than 40 countries and a global network of 2,000 partners, Automation Anywhere has deployed over 2.4 million bots to support some of the world’s largest enterprises across all industries. For additional information, visit www.automationanywhere.com.
The Sr. Manager FP&A role is for primary business partner support for the Chief Technology Officer (CTO; Product Development, Product Management, R&D, Cloud) and Corporate and Business Development leaders/team. Your primary role will be to drive the company budget and forecast, work with our business leaders on business partnering and planning, and various modeling for decision support. Heavy focus on reporting and performance monitoring and modeling/analysis to support the Company’s growth. You will also support other ad hoc analysis for the Finance team as required, as well as insuring proper monthly financial closes. This role is a foundational FP&A role that will help critical decision making for the CFO and the Company. The role will have visibility and interaction with the CFO and his leadership team, and the Chief Strategy Officer, as well as Sales and Marketing leadership as it relates to product roadmap, cloud strategy, etc. This role reports to the Senior Director of Corporate FP&A.
- Drive and manage the annual company budgeting process for CTO and CSO and maintain accurate updated forecasts throughout the year.
- Perform various modeling, decision support, and variance analysis against plans and forecasts and identify key areas of impacts to business. Identify risks and opportunities to the plans and business model.
- Maintain and improve on the Cloud P&L model as we migrate from selling on-premise to selling on Cloud.
- Maintain and analyze key metrics of the CTO and CSO organization.
- Execute timely and accurate monthly close activities to insure accuracy of Opex and Cost of Revenue on the monthly P&Ls.
- Learn our automation software and drive Identification and creation of bots to enable and support your workload.
- Assist the Corporate FP&A leader or VP of Strategic Finance or CFO with other projects as needed and as your time is available.
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in FP&A and Finance (preferably with fast growing SaaS / software companies.) Experience as a managing people and processes for at least 3 years.
- Deep experience in forecasting headcount and spend, bookings and revenues and complex financial modeling.
- Experience and understanding of Cloud metrics, modeling, and the modeling and usage of cloud providers such as Amazon, Google, Microsoft, etc.
- Solid understanding of planning and GL and other systems. Must understand building budget and forecast and reporting models in Planning tools. Must maintain and build system capabilities.
- Technical ability to work with multiple sources of nonstandard data and distill into concise, clear, and accurate analysis and results.
- Advanced Excel skills to manage large blocks of data, disparate data aggregation, reporting, and key Excel functions. Experience with reporting tools such as Domo and Tableau are desired (or a willingness and ability to learn).
- Deep experience in working with cross functional teams as a trusted advisor / business partner FP&A professional.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and distill information and requests from leaders and quickly drive solutions.
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning, Workday financials, Salesforce.
- Excellent written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Well-developed customer service skills and a passion for excellent customer services.
- Flexible and creative and a comfort in working with ambiguity, with ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly.
- Exceptional work ethic – ability to “roll up sleeves” and complete assignments on time and sometimes outside of a normal workday.
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to new requirements, and working with degrees of ambiguity.
- IPO experience a plus.
Why Automation Anywhere?
At our company each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
As the leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), we provide a very compelling product where our teams are breaking new ground every day and given an environment to grow their skills and have fun along the way. Our technology is the game changer, and our people give us the edge to better our world and go be great!
Automation Anywhere is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
**All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address without HR/Recruiting approval, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.
All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.