Licensing & Open Source Compliance Manager
Automation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with software bots – digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, optimized customer experience and more engaged employees. The company offers the world’s only web-based and cloud-native intelligent automation platform combining RPA, artificial intelligence, machine learning and analytics right out of the box, to help organizations rapidly start and scale their process automation journey. Its Bot Store is the world's first and largest marketplace with more than 1,000 pre-built, intelligent automation solutions. With offices in more than 40 countries and a global network of 2,000 partners, Automation Anywhere has deployed over 2.4 million bots to support some of the world’s largest enterprises across all industries. For additional information, visit www.automationanywhere.com.
We are looking for a Licensing & Open Source Compliance Manager to join our software development team and take the lead on tracking open source compliance. You will also be responsible for managing inbound licensing activity across the company and establishing software sourcing best practices within the company. You will need to work with internal stake holders across a broad array of functional areas including Engineering, Sales Operations, Legal, procurement, IT staff and product management.
This is a remote position with the ability to work from anywhere in the U.S
- Manage the complete lifecycle of third-party software license acquisition, including working with Legal to negotiate inbound license agreements.
- Expediently review Engineering requests to use of third party software (open source and proprietary) and manage internal approval process.
- Track the software build of materials and third-party software used within AAI’s products.
- Develop, maintain, and execute company licensing compliance plan and update for best practices to improve compliance coverage.
- Assist Legal in maintaining open source disclosures.
- Also track commercial software obligations to ensure compliance, and timely renewals.
- Support customer and internal requests for information related to licensing and use in software products.
- 3+ years experience in the software industry with both technical and contractual exposure, including negotiating in-bound license rights.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant science, engineering or business with MBA or technical advanced degree preferred.
- Strong organization and productivity skills to seamlessly manage multiple complex engagements.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to lead, influence, and team with others.
- Professionally persistent, patient, respectful, honest, and strong under pressure, especially during demanding circumstances.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required; attentiveness to detail.
- Comfortable working across all business functions at every level from individual contributor to C-Level executives.
- Good understanding of the software development and distribution process and optimizing use of third-party software.
- Experience with open source technology, licensing, and projects.
- Familiarity with relevant trends, technologies, and best practices in open source software.
- Familiar with software development kits, libraries, compilers, and packages.
- Strong understanding of software license compliance issues.
- Experience negotiating commercial software licenses is a plus.
- Experience with Black Duck, FOSSology or similar tools.
- Ability to create dashboard reports to provide visibility into licensing assets and obligations.
- Ability to create, maintain, and update license inventory database(s).
Why Automation Anywhere?
At our company each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
As the leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), we provide a very compelling product where our teams are breaking new ground every day and given an environment to grow their skills and have fun along the way. Our technology is the game changer, and our people give us the edge to better our world and go be great!
Automation Anywhere is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
**All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address without HR/Recruiting approval, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.
All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.