Head of Global Events
Ready to make an impact on the global automation revolution? McKinsey Global Institute ranked “automation of knowledge” work as #2 in their top 12 disruptive technologies that will transform life, business, and the global economy. Automation Anywhere is the market leader in driving the adoption of robotic process automation technology across leading Fortune 1000 and other companies across more than 90 countries. At Automation Anywhere, we are passionate in our belief that Digital Colleagues will free people to create, think, discover, and ultimately build great companies.
Automation Anywhere is looking for a Head of Global Events to drive the strategy and production of all our events globally. This is a dream job for any events guru that wants to lead a world-class events team. The right person has the ideal mix of creativity and business acumen, is a born leader who is focused on the big picture but pays close attention to detail and knows the ins-and-outs of managing all types of events. This is a highly collaborative position requiring the establishment of trust-based relationships, internally across all functions of the company, including executive staff, as well as through various external vendors.
This is a leadership role, reporting to the SVP of Field and Partner Marketing responsible for managing a team of events managers globally. This position could be based anywhere in the US, London or Singapore
- Building and managing an events team globally
- Own the development, logistics, and strategy for over 100 other global events--like Impact Partner Roadshows, Trade Shows, 3rd Party Sponsored Events and more
- Be able to create the right systems and process to ensure tight alignment and SLAs with business goals
- Raise the bar – Define, develop and execute on new scalable motions that will match our hyper business growth (Digital events, High/mid/low touch etc)
- Ability to work with and present to Senior Executive Management on event content, strategy, and execution
- Manage a multi-million dollar detailed and dynamic budget for each event
- Be familiar with managing event revenue and margin goals associated with attendee and sponsorship revenue and event spend
- Develop and own a master event plan that drives execution and communication cross-functionally across the company
- Work directly with internal sales, marketing, branding, and product teams to develop a cohesive and well-executed event strategy
- Oversee the management of all external vendors (hotel, mobile app, creative, website, registration, production, catering) through contract negotiation, food and beverage selection, A/V production, function space allocation, entertainment, security, event load in and load out, and signage
- Effortlessly manage all onsite execution of hotels, staffing, registration, attendee experience, partner experience, speaker and content management, and more
- BA/BS Required (Hospitality, Marketing or Business Degree Preferred) MBA Optional
- Working in other non-event marketing discipline(s) is a big plus
- 10 - 12 years in corporate event management (High Tech software experience preferred)
- Experience working with event management agencies and other vendors
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Sheets
- Experience working with a project management tool like Asana or Smartsheet
- Salesforce and Marketo experience a plus
- A strong leader who can manage across all levels of the organization
- An experienced executer who is highly detail oriented and well organized
- Understanding and be able to connect efforts to business outcomes
- Excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Strong negotiation skills pertaining to reviewing and negotiating legal contracts
- Ability to create, maintain, and foster relationships with executives, employees, customers, partners, and vendors
- Passion for creating a unique customer experience
- Deep understanding of budgets, expense reporting, and P&Ls analysis
- Calm-under-pressure during times of stress and the ability to think of solutions on the spot
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
Why Automation Anywhere?
At our company each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
As the leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), we provide a very compelling product where our teams are breaking new ground every day and given an environment to grow their skills and have fun along the way. Our technology is the game changer, and our people give us the edge to better our world and go be great!
Automation Anywhere is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.