Automation Anywhere (AA) is looking for an experienced, Japan based Contract Manager to join our expanding Contract Operations team to address our expanding Asia Pacific market. AA is the market leader in Robotics Process Automation (RPA), providing leading edge RPA software solutions to enable our large enterprise customers automate business processes. Due to the rapid growth of our business, we are creating a customer facing contract negotiation team to meet increasing customer volumes. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working closely with sales to shepherd large volumes of commercial transactions thru the negotiation process to signature, while also coordinating with legal to ensure corporate contract guidelines are adhered to and risks are mitigated. Candidates must have excellent negotiation, interpersonal, writing and analytical skills.
- Provide first-line review, revisions, and client facing negotiations for RPA software licenses, service agreements, and NDAs.
- Review contractual documents to ensure compliance to company policy and alignment with risk tolerance thresholds.
- Investigate high risk areas and prepare course of action or make recommendations to minimize exposure to risk, while still focusing on client requirements to close.
- Ensure AA stakeholder and client expectations are appropriately set, aligned and managed throughout the contracting process and that necessary approvals are obtained as required.
- Ensure agreements are processed quickly & efficiently to ensure responsive turn around to clients.
- Assist in continuously updating our contract playbook of non-standard terms and conditions with associated business approvals and recommending process improvement as necessary.
- Update AA client relationship management and contract management applications to ensure cross organizational visibility to the contracting process and related documentation.
- 5+ years’ experience in client facing software license, service and/or strategic contract negotiations
- Detailed knowledge of software licensing and nuances of software contracting
- Keen understanding of Japan laws and regulations related to commercial contracting and Software licensing
- High energy, self-starter, ability to work independently, analytical, quick learner, organized, flexible to change and drives results
- Strong negotiation skills/experience with excellent business judgment.
- Ability to quickly, succinctly and accurately analyze, understand, and respond to contract provisions.
- Skillful in handling internal and external customers; customer focused attitude.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment; Proactive with deadlines.
- Law degree or equivalent work experience.
- English language proficiency – verbal and written communication
- Negotiation experience with channel, partner and reseller agreements
- Negotiation lead experience on behalf of global software company
- Experience negotiating with large enterprise clients
- Multilingual proficiency
All unsolicited resumes submitted to any @automationanywhere.com email address, whether submitted by an individual or by an agency, will not be eligible for an agency fee.