Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar, we fight for the customer’s needs. We invest in and grow businesses that disrupt their industries by putting the customers’ needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
Mission: As a Logistics analyst, you are responsible for the entire Truck life cycle from truck order to truck delivery to the customer. Your goal is to coordinate all aspects of the trucks life cycle and work with all process stakeholders to ensure the truck is fully engineered, the truck parts are in-house in time for truck build date, and all materials are accounted for on the truck before invoicing.
The Logistics Analysis is an enabler and an expeditor working hand in hand with Symbol Administrators, Engineers, Commodity Managers, Planners, Warehouse Operators, Line Assembly leaders, and others to deliver on the Autocar Promise to its customers.
Own the Truck Logistics Readiness Process – Coordinate with Engineers, Commodity Managers, Planners, Transportation Coordinators, Receiving, etc. to ensure truck materials are line side by Truck Build Date.
- Analyze and document relevant logistics processes and identify rules, policies, people, tools, and technology inefficiencies in order to streamline Symbol operations and achieve assigned goals
- Analyze current state process maps, define business requirements for software solution design, and define the future state supply chain planning processes and systems with a focus on demand planning and transportation management processes and integration with existing ERP platform (QAD)
- Validate all Symbol activities are on track and ensure timely resolution of any process and logistics roadblocks across Symbol life cycle, hindering truck delivery (Purchase Orders Escalations, Tooling Requests, Engineering Change Requests, Pricing & Invoicing Issues, etc.)
- Own and escalate issues and seek timely decisions from management and Symbol stakeholders in order to synchronize material supplier activities with plant operations
- Work with key stakeholders to analyze and ensure the right products are delivered to the right location on time (transportation logistics, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods from supplier to the line)
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Ability to meet deadlines and focus on deliverables.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience improving business processes with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills (functional/technical specifications) are required.
- Self-directed and uses judgment to proactively seek guidance from management or update status to management.
- Effective problem-solving skills. ...
- Possesses superior interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Strong organizational skills to manage time, prioritize effectively, and handle deadlines.
- Able to adapt to various situations/environments
- Calm under pressure.
- Continually seeks improvements.
- Proficient in project management.
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling tools a plus including Visio.
- Knowledge of Materials Requirements Planning software applications, preferred.
- Knowledge of logistics planning concepts and impact of inventory management on sound planning
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume