Maintenance Team Leader
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Autocar, we fight for the customer’s needs. We are disrupting the industry by putting the customers’ needs first. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom-made, specifically for that customer—no “one size fits all” here. Because we engineer tools differently, we deliver trucks faster than the competition, and they WORK. The truck has more uptime, is more comfortable for the driver, and is safer—40% fewer crashes with injury than the industry average.* For the life of the truck, we have around-the-clock support.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
Primary responsibility of the Maintenance Team Leader will be to supervise, motivate and oversee Maintenance Technicians as needed to complete tasks successfully with little to no guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall dedication to completing the daily tasks required, both directed and implied.
- Manage the performance of the assigned Maintenance Technicians.
- Work with Technicians to produce a high quality product, assist in directing workload, and be willing to discuss ideas for efficient operation with the entire team.
- Must be able to analyze reports; specifically, around maintenance, equipment performance, and cost metrics
- Lead and develop the Maintenance team.
- Directly supervise a minimum of 4 hourly Maintenance Technicians.
- Working under the direction of the Facilities Director, the Maintenance Team Leader will work to support operations in a responsible and efficient manner on assigned tasks.
- Be the facility go-to person on maintenance competence.
- Follow written or oral instructions regarding daily tasks and job duties.
- Follow and enforce all safety procedures and policies.
- Associates Degree or five years’ experience in an industrial maintenance setting required, preferably in a leadership role.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds at a time.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, architectural drawings, and electrical schematics.
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, prior CMMS experience a plus
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude, knowledge, and experience
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance tools, materials, and best practices
- Familiarity with OSHA and International Building Code regulations
- Have the ability to complete basic math skills and computer knowledge
- Overtime may be required from time to time
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Quick learner who requires minimal supervision and possesses good problem solving skills
- Team player with strong oral and written communication skills in English, who adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and deals with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Lean Six Sigma green belt certification preferred
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume