Director/ Senior Director of After-Sale Service and Operations
Do you want to be a Service Operations Leader at Autocar?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Can you do 2 or 3 jobs instead of only one? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed? At Autocar, we fight for the customer’s needs. We invest in and grow businesses that disrupt their industries by putting the customers’ needs first. From big data to industrial manufacturing, we deliver tools that transform the work of the people that use them.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm in arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy to do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
What will you do?
The Operation Leader is responsible for execution of all Service and Support operations. Core duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the customer experience, with the goal of providing “best in class” customer experience. Tactical emphasis is on service technical repair, parts support, warranty management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training. Performance metrics include resolution time, call efficiency, low abandonment rate, ticket age, and staffing utilization. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development programs enhancing employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and morale.
This leader’s success is measured by the team’s ability to provide high quality services while exceeding objectives and key results, improving support performance, increasing use of resources, and adaptation of new proven technologies to increase efficiency. The leader in this role actively contributes to the overall company operational targets as well as the daily business decisions.
This position executes the vision for the operation ensuring the support teams meet customer and organization needs. The successful leader continually engaged in inspiring their team in developing and documenting best practices in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- Provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to efficiently leverage the value of every experience to create Raving Fans inside and out.
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes improvements, performance reporting, and human capital development
- Proven experience managing metrics, ensuring customer satisfaction, and reporting statistical performance levels related to Call Center, Technical Support, and Warranty Management
- Develop and maintain effective organization of responsibility, including efficient recruiting, training, coaching, recognition, workflow patterns, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, staffing levels and supervision
- Establish work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards and strategic directives. Review current practices to ensure support of vision, recommend alternatives and effectively implement as needed
- Develop, communicate and enforce warranty policies internally and externally
- Coordinate analytic, strategic and technical resources to meet expectations and ensure satisfaction,
- Manage and expand customer and team relationships
- Develop, retain, manage and lead a team of managers and supervisors while providing mentoring and development opportunities that continuously build upon team and individual capability. Ensure leadership and training result in delivery of high-level service and empowerment
- Manage alignment conflicts between parties
- Benchmark against the best
- Manage and improve key operating performance metrics including call/email/social volume, call patterns and traffic flow using sophisticated models to ensure service level objectives are met
- Analyze performance drivers, proactively determine actionable strategy, and then contribute to identifying solutions for mitigation and/or optimization to achieve overall business goals
- Continuously review, balance and scale team resources to support the growth of our customer base
- Develop and track life cycle metrics to ensure that we achieve an extraordinarily high retention rate
- Monitor escalation volume and trends to find root-causes; work with rest of organization to ensure that corrective actions are taken
- Work to reduce the incoming support volume through knowledgebase, FAQs, online help, self-service and customer forums
- Evaluate, develop, and implement policies, processes, procedure to improve the organization and efficiency of department
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- 10 years of customer operations or fleet management experience with a minimum of 5 years in senior leadership role Customer Care Management; experience in roles of increasing responsibility preferably in a high-growth organization known for exceptional service; experience managing people in a technical role
- BS/BA degree, MBA a plus.
- Lean, Six Sigma a must.
- Strong financial/analytical acumen
- Able to drive results and meet goals with a strong sense of urgency while serving as the leading brand advocate for the customer, creating raving fans inside and out
- Demonstrated experience managing a large team of technical Customer Support Representatives
- Excellent understanding of Warranty process, procedures, and drivers
- Exceptional management and relationship building skills. Success in client services, customer management, and building scalable, automated systems to track and improve customer engagement in the industry
- Thoughtful leadership in technological improvement opportunities to drive scale efficiency and optimize customer experience for the business
Where will you work? The Operation Leader will be based in Birmingham, AL
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume