Directs the activities of employees engaged in the assembly activities including but not limited to training and supervising, maintaining a positive work environment, ensuring compliance with safety standards and established policies and procedures.
Understand, foster, promote and maintain a Continuous Improvement mindset with his/her area of responsibility regarding Quality, Throughput, Methods and Housekeeping. Promote and develop a culture of individual quality ownership, a sense of responsibility, self-discipline within each team member, through open communication, team participation and employee empowerment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as 5S Champion and 5S subject matter expert for the plant. Leads 5S kick-off events, coaches, trains, and audits stations to ensure progress is being made toward becoming world-class.
- Ensure daily production schedule is met; perform daily checks to ensure all parts/components are available and that employees have the resources needed to perform their assigned tasks.
- Verify and assign necessary manpower to support schedule demand on a daily basis, while maximizing utilization of such manpower.
- Maintain a “zero tolerance” approach toward part and product non-conformances, performing assembly operations that meet company and customer build specification, quality and workmanship standards.
- Oversee product quality and material shortage data collection and proper completion of forms and documents, resource utilization and efficiency data tracking.
- Work with other Production Supervisors to resolve daily production issues such as materials, delivery, quality, and employee performance.
- Promote and develop a culture of individual quality ownership, a sense of responsibility, self-discipline within each team member through open communication, team participation and employee empowerment.
- Supervise all production activities performed by employees; maintain a high degree of visibility and access to employees throughout the shift.
- Manages personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, time card approval, daily and weekly overtime, and employee discipline as required.
- Monitors and reports daily production results, material usage, waste, and downtime.
- Recommends work distribution to I.E. group for streamlining, and development of resources required by teams to perform work to required standard.
- Work with the Engineering Liaison to ensure that parts and product conforms to design specifications
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- Basic understand of Lean Manufacturing. Experience with 5S roll-outs.
- Hands on automotive background a plus
- Strong problem solving skills; able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- The ability to gather and analyze information efficiently
- The drive to continuously build knowledge and skills and to share expertise with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The capability to create concise reports utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to effectively manage a team of 10-20 people
Where will you work?
The Production Supervisor role will be based out of our headquarters in Hagerstown, IN.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume