Assembly Technician I
Job Title: Assembly Technician I
Reports To: Value Stream Team Leader
FLSA Status: Hourly
Prepared By: Human Resources
Approved By: Human Resource Manager
Approved Date: 9/2/20
This position is responsible for built-in quality on trucks. Work with Product Integrity and Engineering to identify production defects that present Warranty risk and compromise the truck’s service life. Develop and maintain advanced knowledge of new options and all vehicle systems. Ensure that customer standards are consistently met on each truck including, but not limited to routing and clipping standards, system functionality and system integrity. Provide feedback and training to Team Members, Team Coordinators, Team Leads, and Value Stream Leaders to eliminate all defects at their source.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Become experts at the quality critical characteristics for the assemblies they are responsible for and grow that knowledge base for new designs.
- Follow strict discipline to ensure assemblies are executed to engineering, PE and ME instructions, standards and guidelines.
- Provide feedback and offer suggestions for improvement for areas where this information is not sufficient to ensure repeatable quality.
- Diagnose issues, root cause and work with the support teams to resolve issues.
- Defects: do not accept them, create them or pass them on.
- Build a strong knowledge base of upstream and downstream processes and understand the interactive effect between processes.
- Diagnose and share knowledge base with Team Members.
- Participate in two quality oriented kaizens per month.
- When applicable, engineering will consult with the Vehicle Mechanic during design reviews to vet out design and assembly methods.
- Attend applicable skills enhancement training offered.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 2+ years of repair/assembly experience.
- Demonstrated ability to access computer programs and use or learn basic computer operations related to position requirements required i.e. AXIS, Microsoft Office
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with supervisors, engineers, and coworkers.
- Ability to devise logical, and efficient methods of troubleshooting complex and difficult electrical issues.
- Able to work independently or with others.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Expert working knowledge – electrical, routing and clipping, diagnostic systems
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of safety procedures with a safety conscious attitude, record of punctuality and dependability, ability to work with pressure of aggressive deadlines
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED; and more than one year of experience in a vehicle manufacturing/industrial environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret bills of materials. Ability to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions and volumes. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, electrical schematics and brake system schematics and follow fault logic instructions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
A thorough working knowledge of:
- AXIS (Team Center Engineering - IMAN, QAD, ADNET)
- MS Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand nine hours a day. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume