Do you want to be Autocar’s fabricator technician?
Who Are We? If you want to be empowered to do what has never been done before but should have, come join us. We are looking to hire highly motivated, smart, hardworking, dedicated individuals to join our Hagerstown, Indiana location. Hagerstown Assembly Operations has a parent company that is a leader in the commercial vehicle industry with longstanding domestic operations. You will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on the next generation of commercial vehicles.
You will be responsible for completing various projects using specific fabrication and welding skills and principles while supporting manufacturing and maintenance functions.
What Does it Take to Be Part of Our Team?
You’ll Achieve These Key Outcomes:
• Apply various welding techniques (Mig, Tig, Arc, etc.) for fabrication and repair purposes.
• Complete various projects using specific fabrication and welding skills and principles
• Support manufacturing and maintenance functions
You’ll Demonstrate These Competencies for Success:
• Analytical excellence with ability to solve problems with a systematic, sequential approach
• Process driven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
• Honest to do what is right, not politically expedient
Your Background Includes:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Welding certification or equivalent welding experience required.
• Experience in high volume manufacturing, especially in the automotive industry, preferred.
• Quick learner who requires minimal supervision and possesses good problem solving skills.
• Team player with strong oral and written communication skills in English, who adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and deals with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Ability to pass a drug test and background screening (including criminal), verification of education and work history.
Where will you work?
This role is located at Autocar®, LLC, in Hagerstown, Indiana.
The hours are as follows: 6:00a.m. – 3:00p.m.
Work Conditions: Standard manufacturing plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses and steel toe shoes will be required and reimbursed in manufacturing, or industrial areas.
What do we offer in benefits?
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
At Autocar, we are transforming the vocational truck industry, providing the highest quality, safest, and most advanced technology in the severe-duty class 8 vocational truck segment. Every truck we make is custom-engineered, and custom built to the customer’s specifications.
We are a privately US owned and operated company that expects our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the end user. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently in this industry. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving the lives of the drivers that use our trucks.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume