Do you want to be our Assistant Controller?
Are you obsessed with customer focus and meeting the end user’s needs? Do you feel stifled by bureaucracy? Have an entrepreneurial drive? Do you refuse to let obstacles get in the way of achieving results?
Contribute to the sustainable success of our organization by ensuring that our business is operating effectively and efficiently by managing the accounting and finance function, monitoring controls, providing and interpreting financial reports and data, and ensuring no surprises.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the company’s financial and accounting functions (including various entities’ General Ledgers, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cash)
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliation and report preparation
- Preparation of reporting related to consolidations, bank compliance and entity specific location and department activities
- Build a strong, cohesive and effective financial team. Manage performance to ensure the achievement of company and personal objectives
- Develop and implement business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and promote the achievement of the company’s long and short-term financial goals
- Coordinate and prepare the budget, financial statements and forecasts and report variances
- Perform financial analytics, monitor compliance with GAAP and other applicable financial standards
- Coordinate year-end audit with external auditors and assist in preparation of audit schedules, data, and information; work closely with accounting staff to coordinate efforts to provide necessary information to auditors, ensuring required information is readily available and maintaining the scope of the audit within prescribed boundaries
- Proactively interact with various departments throughout the organization to provide information necessary to assist in their decision-making processes, improve profitability and maintain proper accounting procedures
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
7 – 10 years business experience in accounting and reporting
5 – 7 years supervisory experience is preferred
Experience in a Manufacturing environment is required
Where will you work? This role is located at Autocar headquarters in Birmingham, AL
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary, incentive bonus opportunities, and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, 401K plan, etc.
4680 Pinson Valley Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35215 Office: 765.489.5499 Fax: 765.489.5230
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume