Purchasing Specialist Job Description
As a Purchasing Specialist- you will be part of a diverse supply chain team responsible for creating and implementing a sourcing strategy for selected components within the your commodity. You will build strong relationships with both internal and external customers and assist in building a plan that focuses on obtaining competitive pricing and identifying and executing cost reduction strategies. You will be a key member of the commodity to help drive negotiations for selected components and support the foundation of long term contracts with key suppliers. You will build relationships with all areas of the business including sales, operations and engineering. This role is 70% tactical (issuing negotiated POs, expediting parts etc.) and 30% strategic (negotiating, assisting in long term contracts etc.).
• Develop and implement a commodity strategy for select components and options associated to Autocar Trucks.
•Follow strategy to source new parts at competitive prices which meet program targets.
- With the commodity leader, manage costs of current parts
- Identify and execute cost reduction strategies
- Support internal and external customer need while building lasting relationships.
- Administer the execution and maintenance of current contracts
• this dynamic candidate will an integral part of the Strategic Commodity Team and will work hand in hand with Commodity Leadership to ensure execution of our overall goals.
What does it take to successfully undertake this role?
- •Bachelor's degree
- Desire to gain strategic sourcing experience and develop standing and viable relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and basic negotiation skills
- 1-5 years supply chain, purchasing or buying experience with a high volume and highly complex product
- Experience in utilizing fact based data to drive decisions
Self-starter and quick learner who requires minimal supervision and strong problem solving skills
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume