This Employee is responsible to ensure that the packaging line and the equipments on packaging line are clean and set up properly. Also to ensure quality produced finished product is according to Production Batch Record instructions.
This position will report directly to the Supervisor – Packaging. This is an Individual Contributor Role.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follow company policies, cGMP’s (Current Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Clean and/or disassemble packaging line and equipments e.g. Unscrambeler, desiccant inserter, tablet counter, cotton inserter, capper, induction sealer, retorquer, labeler, outserter, shrink wrap after the completion of packaging process as per SOP.
- Clean manufacturing room after the completion of product run as per SOP
- Set up packaging line and equipments, including start up of batch and obtaining all packaging specifications.
- Maintain packaging line and equipments in good working order, inspect packaging line and equipments for wear, and have any worn or malfunctioning parts evaluated and reported to Production Supervisor or Manager.
- Maintain tools and supplies in proper condition.
- Make any machine adjustments necessary during the packaging run as required.
- Document all set up and cleaning in the log book and other pertinent paperwork.
- Visually inspect the equipments as it is running to verify the equipments are running within normal and safe operation.
- Perform in process checks during packaging process and document in Packaging Batch Record as per instruction of packaging batch record.
- Make sure all paperwork is complete and accurate throughout and after run.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform any and all additional tasks relating to the operation of the packaging/production department as requested
PHYSICAL WORK ACTIVITIES AND EXPOSURE
- A) Work is regularly performed inside in a manufacturing environment.
- B) Exposure to dust, odor, noise, and fumes.
- C) The noise level is usually moderate.
- D) Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- E) Frequent sitting, talking, or hearing.
- F) Use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects or controls.
- G) Walk short distances. Clean and/or disassemble packaging equipments after the completion process.
Prefer minimum one (1) year of work experience in a pharmaceutical or related manufacturing environment.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
A demonstrated ability to follow written instructions precisely and perform basic math calculations is required. Should have an understanding/knowledge of cGMP, safety criteria or the ability to learn.