General Engineering Apprenticeship
With ATNZ you get your qualification for FREE and we pay you to do it!
- Fully funded apprenticeship
- Ongoing support and guidance
- Safety gear provided
- Learn on-the-job
Apprentice Training New Zealand (ATNZ) is the largest employer of mechanical engineering apprentices in New Zealand. We are currently looking for a mechanically minded individual to start their career in mechanical engineering based in Christchurch.
Training as a General Engineer will give you a broad variety of skills and knowledge. General engineers learn about fitting, machining, welding, maintenance, repair, hydraulics, pneumatics, and fabrication.
Do you fit the profile?
- Do you want to earn while you learn?
- Are you committed to 3 – 4 years study?
- Have you completed a pre trade course or have relevant experience?
- Do you have NCEA level 2 in Maths and English?
- Do you have a restricted or full drivers licence?
If you're a keen, hands-on learner looking for an entry level career opportunity, then click on APPLY NOW to start your application.
Professionalism in the workplace will prove you successful in this role, so you will need to possess great reliability, punctuality and self-presentation.
Pre-employment checks will form part of the eligibility process. These include aptitude, medical and drug testing as well as ministry of justice and reference checks.
For further information about ATNZ apprenticeships please visit our website – www.atnz.org.nz/apprentices