General Engineering Apprenticeship
With ATNZ you get your qualification for FREE and we pay you to do it!
- Fully funded apprenticeship
- Ongoing support and guidance
- PPE provided
- Learn on-the-job
Apprentice Training New Zealand (ATNZ) is the largest employer of mechanical engineering apprentices in New Zealand. We are currently looking for a mechanically minded individual to start their career in mechanical engineering based in Thames.
Training as a General Engineer will give you a broad variety of skills and knowledge. General engineers learn about fitting, machining, welding, maintenance, repair, hydraulics, pneumatics, and fabrication.
The successful apprentice will be employed by the ATNZ Trust and assigned to a locally respected company where they will gain valuable on the job training while studying to become a qualified engineer.
Do you fit the profile?
- Do you want to earn while you learn? (Training rates start at $14.16 per hour)
- Are you committed to 3 – 4 years study?
- Have you completed a pre trade course or have relevant experience?
- Do you have NCEA level 2 in Maths and English?
- Do you have a restricted or full drivers licence?
If you're a keen, hands-on learner looking for an entry level career opportunity, then click on APPLY NOW to start your application.
Professionalism in the workplace will prove you successful in this role, so you will need to possess great reliability, punctuality and self-presentation.
Pre-employment checks will form part of the eligibility process. These include aptitude, medical and drug testing as well as reference checks.
For further information about ATNZ apprenticeships please visit our website – www.atnz.org.nz/apprentices