Heavy Fabrication Apprenticeship
With ATNZ you get your qualification for FREE and we pay you to do it.
- Hands on training from qualified trades people
- You start earning straight away
- We will cover the qualification cost
- Your safety gear will be provided at no cost to you
New Zealand is in need of a skilled workforce. Get qualified while you learn and earn!
Do you have a genuine interest in working with metals and making or fixing things?
ATNZ are currently looking for mechanically minded individuals who want to start a career in Heavy Fabrication. We are currently recruiting for numerous Heavy Fabrication apprenticeships with our host companies located in Waiuku.
If successful you will be employed by ATNZ and assigned to one of our great host companies! Here you will get valuable on the job training while studying to become a fully qualified engineer.
Working with metals, fabricators make everything from steel parts to structures that are used anywhere. Heavy Fabricators work with heavier gauge plate, sections, and pipes, to produce a wide variety of products including, truck and trailers, earthmoving machinery, manufacturing equipment.
Do you fit the profile?
- Are you committed to 3-4 years of study whilst working full time?
- Do you have NCEA level 2 in Maths and English?
- Are you interested in Mechanical subjects?
- Do you have a restricted or full drivers licence?
- Have you completed a pre trade course or have previous work experience?
If you're a keen, hands-on learner looking for an entry level career opportunity, then click on APPLY NOW to start your application.
Professionalism in the workplace will be a key marker to whether you succeed in this role, so you will need to possess great reliability, punctuality and self-presentation.
Pre-employment testing including aptitude, medical and drug testing will form part of the eligibility process.
For more information on ATNZ visit http://www.atnz.org.nz/apprentices