We launched Atara Biotherapeutics in August 2012 to help patients with serious diseases and few therapeutic options. We’re named after Atara Ciechanover who suffered from cancer before passing away. We are considered a leading off-the-shelf T-cell immunotherapy company (Nasdaq ATRA) developing novel treatments for patients with cancer, autoimmune and viral diseases.
The Production Planner works as part of the Manufacturing team to deliver on the team goals to generate high quality materials that can be used both in the clinic as well as commercial. This position will contribute to the successful delivery of released product in support of clinical trials and commercial requirements. The Production Planner is responsible for developing and maintaining detailed production plans for all manufacturing activities and coordinating with the plant operations groups to ensure efficiency in logistics for production. The candidate will also understand the requirements needed to meet qualify and regulatory compliance in the manufacturing environment.
Work Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Reports to: Associate Director, Manufacturing
- Develop detailed production plans for all production activities that is in alignment with all Atara cell therapy supply plans.
- Create and maintain a combined integrated master schedule of all production, maintenance, and support operations.
- Performs scheduling and resource loading of operations, maintenance, validation, and/or other activities
- Assists in the establishment of systems as they pertain to the new manufacturing facility.
- Lead daily site planning meeting with integrated work teams to track and assess change or delays to schedule.
- This position coordinates with other plant operations (facilities, engineering, validation, supply chain, etc) to develop the production plan to ensure no interruption to production.
- Responsible for manufacturing materials inventory management and materials requests on weekly basis per manufacturing operations schedule.
- Support production in an aseptic environment
- Issue and maintain work orders
- Escalate supply issues to internal stakeholders and supply chain management.
- Monitor execution of agreed plans, measure performance, and ensure close cooperation with supply chain planning departments.
- Supports critical investigations into the manufacturing process operations
- Creates, updates, and maintains manufacturing SOP’s to ensure they are in-line with the current process steps.
Travel Requirements: (5%)
Work is generally performed in an office, manufacturing clean room or clinical environment.
- Strong communication skills (e.g., clear and concise), both written and verbal and a team player.
- Specific experience with ERP/MRP systems is plus
- Specific experience with Finite Scheduling Software (implementation experience preferred)
- Previous experience in manufacturing or operations environment.
- Experience with computer and documentation systems.
- Good decision making with strong judgment through collaboration and consideration of others point-of-view.
- Ability to understand manufacturing process and equipment related engineering tools, such as process flow diagrams, and/or engineering specifications/requirements.
- Experience with automation systems and equipment used in cell therapy manufacturing is a plus.
- Understanding of cGMP for cell therapy manufacturing.
- Flexibility to work on any shift required to accommodate the business needs.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning.
Education and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 7 or more years in MFG and/or planning experience in plant operations setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be knowledgeable and worked in biotech manufacturing related industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of cGMP execution.
- Supervise personnel in a manufacturing environment.
More About Atara Bio
Now in our sixth year, we’re proud of our team of 260+ Atarians co-located by design in South San Francisco (corporate headquarters) and Southern California (R&D and manufacturing headquarters in the northwest Los Angeles area) with a newly-established European headquarters in Zug, Switzerland. Atara also has a R&D site in the Denver, Colorado area and an office in New York City. Our Southern California hub is anchored by a new 90,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art Atara T-Cell Operations and Manufacturing (ATOM) facility in Thousand Oaks, California.