Marketing Events Specialist
The Marketing Events Specialist is responsible for trade show planning and logistics, event coordination, marketing materials creation, and inventory control. Reporting to the Sr. PR and Events Manager, the successful candidate is a team player who is attentive to the smallest details, has excellent time management skills and can multi-task under pressure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspect of event planning meeting strict deadlines and budget demands
- Plan, research, report, coordinate and execute on a variety of events and tradeshows targeting consumers or industries
- Comply with legal, insurance, health and safety regulations at all times
- Manage marketing inventory and control process of marketing materials, POP and promotional items
- Manage timelines and deliveries to channel for in-store collateral, promotional items, communications collateral, catalogs, tradeshow booths
- Manage collaboration of cooperative marketing on special events, award submissions, and memberships
- Provide administrative support to Marketing staff including travel coordination, setting up meeting rooms, coordinating catering as required for events
- Communicate the general status of assigned projects and provide weekly status reports.
- Provide timely reports to team lead when requested including preparation of ad-hoc reports and client presentations.
- Experience managing all aspects of consumer (CES) and trade events is a must.
Years of Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, event management or trade show experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability in event planning and logistics, exhibit production including booth and marketing materials
- Excellent time management skills, able to multi-task and manage multiple projects and requirements with tight and often competing deadlines without losing attention to detail
- Proven ability to track performance and return on investment (ROI) of promotions and events
- Good interpersonal skills, able to navigate a diverse team with excellent listening skills and ability to build cross-functional relationships and influence without authority across all levels and functions
- A successful track record in project management
- Organized with strong prioritization skills
- Creative and innovative, strong ability to act independently with sound business judgement
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for operations, events and trade shows, and technology
- Working in an office environment, requiring sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment for extended periods of time
- Up to 20% domestic travel
- Ability to lift packages up to 20 pounds