Manager of Software Engineering
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing production test procedures to ensure that software test programs for barebone/system/rack level work as intended. To ensure success for this particular position the candidate should have advanced knowledge of software development and engineering, a good eye for detail, and a natural gift for software development and troubleshooting skills.
The ideal candidate must possess extensive knowledge and experience in related fields, outstanding personality able to function independently as well as partner, customers and HQ teams. The successful candidate is required to have strong knowhow of software development in writing testing script and Linux based OS for servers. He or she is able to perform and meet production, testing requirement per assigned projects or customer requirement. The ideal candidate is able to manage multiple integration/production projects without losing focus. He or she has excellent verbal communication skills and possesses strong interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved in all phases of Software Testing/Development Life Cycle and designing/creating automation frameworks for Java based applications using Java based applications.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve automated scripts from provisioning to aging hardware in L6, L10 or L11 levels.
- Setting up the test environment with appropriate code base before test execution, being responsible for test data creation and manipulation using SQL query.
- Installation/provisioning various OS on arbitrary server hardware.
- Automation of parsing and analysis of large amounts of test output data.
- Develop and execute system benchmarking plans.
- Work with customers’ engineering teams to incorporate desired features into system test and analysis code.
- Work with vendors’ engineering teams to resolve software problems.
- Train and guide engineers to debug and resolve all software related issues and perform root cause analysis
- Design and deploy test fixtures and equipment
- Commitment to continuous improvement to comply with ISO 9001:2000 and any other regulatory standards.
Years of Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years experience in Linux script development, installation, and configuration, especially on high-end x86/AMD/ARM server hardware
- In depth knowledge in datacenter and server technologies
Knowledge and Skills
- In depth knowledge of datacenter technology products (server, storage and networking).
- Linux system administration skills, especially Centos or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Programming (Perl, Python or similar and shell scripting) and ability to parse log data using appropriate languages.
- Development of automated configuration and test scripts.
- Kernel tuning and compilation and ability to execute benchmark tests.
- System management concepts and frameworks, e.g., provisioning, monitoring, maintaining, BMC, IPMI, SNMP, Redfish, etc.
- RAID optimizations and configuration.
- Ability to extend existing test code and work as part of flexible and agile team.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and engagements simultaneously.
- Comfortable in a fast moving, small team environment.
- Good communication skills (oral, written, presentations).
- SQL/DBA experience is a plus (MySQL preferred).
- Network engineering experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- Proven track record of partnership and relationship with accounts in the related industries, verticals and regions.
- Excellent knowledge in computers/servers and the most current technology trends
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally per project needs
- Approximately 80% working in an office and/or production facility environment