Field Application Engineer
Job Description Overview:
We are seeking a Field Application Engineer to interface with Sales, Product Marketing and Engineering to provide support to our customer base with the design and integration of computer components and subsystems in customer applications for computer products. Below are some additional roles and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applicant will be responsible for providing in-depth engineering supports and increasing business on strategic projects with new and existing customers.
- To provide technical training of the product to internal sales, system integrators, and distribution sales.
- The candidate will assist sales with initial project support by providing technical product presentation and demonstration.
- Successful candidate will serve as champion to ensure ASUS innovations; differentiated products and best service are promoted.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Understand and communicate information regarding company products, services, and policies and procedures to new and existing customers.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of PC and Server industry products.
- Test and troubleshoot engineering samples of new products to make sure they are ready for launch and will meet project/consumer expectations.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
- Attends and participates in business/trade events that have business impact
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science and 3 years of experience
- Knowledge of Linux operating system and usage of command line interface.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to present/explain technical features/details in a more simplified form to customers and sales when needed.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience troubleshooting motherboards, servers, and/or work stations
- Typically works in an office environment
- Requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift up to 35 pounds from time to time
- Up to 25% domestic travel is required
$65,000 - $80,000 annually is the estimated pay range for this role working in City of Industry, California office. It does not include bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, EAP, and 401(k). The final amount will be determined based on qualifications & experience of the candidate relative to the role.
ASUS is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy/ breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, as well as any other characteristic protected by law, regulation or local ordinance, and strives to comply with all applicable laws on the subject. These employment decisions extend to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment.