Business Development Manager - ESB
The Business Development Manager for the Enterprise Solutions Business team is to drive the overall go to market strategy and execution for Asus server and storage products, emphasizing enterprise and cloud service provider segments. This person is effective at working independently and strategically to plan and execute, as well as collaboratively with the supporting teams and tactically to reach the established goals.
The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge and experience in related fields, outstanding personality, and able to function independently as well as cross function and inter-department communications. The ideal candidate must have proven track record and experiences with the captioned regions, plus language requirements if such regions require.
The successful candidate has strong organizational planning skills, able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, and is able to manage multiple accounts without losing focus. He/she has excellent written and verbal communication skills and possesses strong interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings. Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Identify, qualify, develop and close sales against quota to Enterprise accounts and Data Centers/Cloud, Gaming, and HPC industries
- Assemble a pipeline of both short-term and long-term opportunities through target lists for vertical markets
- Create win-win business cases and must be able to articulate the Asus brand value proposition, seize opportunities based on market analytics and negotiate Asus presence at named accounts
- Collaborate with the product management team to plan product assortment in accordance with established goals
- Sales and inventory management including weekly sales and inventory analysis
- Perform competitive analysis by tracking promotions and conducting account visits
- Analyze 3rd party data to understand the market and develop recommendations to accounts
- Routine account contacts including weekly/bi-weekly calls with both the buyer/product manager
- Collaborate with industry partners to create win-win opportunities
- Effectively communicate to ensure an appropriate level of awareness exists across the organization
- Provide routine reporting that tracks business development through Salesforce
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks across the cross functional teams as needed to maintain velocity and deliver commitments
- Help resolve customer technical questions/concerns/issues in a timely manner
Years of Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of business development and/or commercial (SI/VAR/DMR) and/or (OEM/ODM) account management in the technology space, ideally server and storage hardware products.
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Solid understanding of the channel and/or named accounts. Familiar with the server hardware technology ecosystem and working knowledge of the fundamentals of technology preferred.
- Ability to present product information, business opportunities and progress to a large audience including senior management
- Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Organization and priority setting skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven track record of partnership and relationship with accounts in the related industries, verticals and regions.
- Excellent knowledge in computers/servers and the most current technology trends
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally – approximately 30% travel as needed
- Working in an office environment, requiring sitting for extended periods of time