Managing Editor - Notebooks
ASUS is seeking a meticulous editor and masterful project manager to join our growing content marketing team. As part of the global marketing organization, the Managing Editor will lead the production of content articles and videos across multiple portals, including our Edge Up website (edgeup.asus.com), YouTube, and other channels. They will focus primarily on developments in consumer and commercial PCs from our ZenBook, VivoBook, ExpertBook, and ProArt StudioBook families but may also participate in projects for other products and categories.
This role touches every step of the process, starting with defining individual project requirements with stakeholders. The Managing Editor will collaborate with internal technical experts and other marketers to develop story concepts and context that connect product features and characteristics to user benefits. They will then work closely with individual writers and other creators to ensure that finished work meets project requirements and larger content marketing goals.
In addition to guiding individual content projects, this position entails broader responsibility for the production process. The Managing Editor will oversee a busy editorial calendar and balance the associated workload across both internal and external contributors. They will prioritize assignments, track progress, and update stakeholders to manage expectations as needed.
This role is responsible for ensuring that content adheres to established messaging and style guidelines. Applicants must be capable of both following stakeholder direction and coming up with original ideas and concepts. Expert knowledge of PC hardware is preferred but not required. However, sufficient understanding of consumer and commercial PC technology is necessary to effectively tailor marketing messages for different channels and audiences.
The content marketing team covers consumer, business, and institutional audiences. This can involve adjusting individual content pieces to suit different markets, such as converting a business-focused whitepaper or case study into a consumer-oriented article. Occasionally, the Managing Editor may also be asked to contribute original written work of their own.
Analytics are crucial to evaluating the effectiveness of content marketing projects. The successful applicant will monitor traffic and user behavior, experiment with new approaches, and report findings to influence future direction and strategy.
Applicants should be comfortable meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment and have at least five years of experience in relevant marketing or media roles. This position is eligible to work from home and involves occasional evening meetings to coordinate with stakeholders at our global headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan. Occasional travel also is required to our Taipei headquarters and to our office in Fremont, CA.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage content marketing production across multiple channels, with a primary focus on consumer and commercial PC laptops and related products
- Balance busy editorial calendar across both internal and external contributors
- Coordinate with an international cast of stakeholders, partners, and content team members to create detailed briefs outlining requirements for individual projects
- Collaborate with technical experts to develop compelling story concepts that highlight key product characteristics and benefits
- Edit and give feedback on written articles, video scripts, and other content marketing materials to ensure they meet project requirements along with internal style and messaging guidelines
- Remix and repackage content to reach different target audiences, including consumers, businesses, and institutions
- Occasionally create original written content
- Analyze content performance and audience behavior
- Experiment with new approaches to inform future direction
Experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related fields
- At least five years of relevant experience in tech marketing, media, or advertising
- At least three years of experience in an editorial role
- 5+ years of relevant experience in tech marketing, media, or advertising
- 5+ years of experience in an editorial role
Knowledge and skills:
- Masterful project management
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Impeccable writing and communication (in English)
- Extensive proof-reading and editing experience
- Enough understanding of consumer and PC technology to translate technical messaging into accessible language with voices tailored for different audiences
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Google productivity applications
- Proven ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines on tight timelines
- Infectious passion for technology
- Hard-working and self-motivating
- Creative mindset
- Critical thinker
- Expert knowledge of PC hardware and technology
- Additional editorial experience in tech marketing, media, or advertising
- Coordinating with stakeholders at our global headquarters in Taipei requires occasional meetings outside of normal business hours, in the early to late evening in North America.
- Remotely from home with occasional travel to offices in Taipei, TW and Fremont, CA (2-4 weeks per year)