Senior Public Relations Specialist
ASUS Computer International is seeking an outstanding Senior Public Relations Specialist to join our growing Public Relations team that’s focused on creating and communicating positive sentiment about our portfolio of innovative brands and products with the world.
As a Sr. Public Relations Specialist, this position work closely with our product marketing teams in North America and Taipei, Taiwan to learn and communicate about a wide range of new products, including our latest laptops, desktops, displays, accessories and other PC equipment.
Using this information, you’ll be our bridge to media outlets and influencers. With your deep knowledge of media outlets’ and writers’ particular areas of interest and our products’ relevance to them, you’ll issue press releases to create buzz, craft compelling pitches to secure media reviews from earned and paid channels, track the performance of your hits and survey the media landscape to judge the success of our PR campaigns using metrics like share of voice, and proactively monitor media channels for mentions, coverage and news trends as it pertains to ASUS products.
To fulfill these responsibilities, we’re looking for a motivated, seasoned public relations professional, preferably with experience within a product-focused consumer technology company. The ideal candidate will be able to use their strong relationships with media and influencers to pitch and consistently secure earned news and product review coverage in a highly competitive space. They’ll also identify and capitalize on high-ROI sponsorship activities with influencers.
The ASUS Computer International PR group is responsible for ensuring that ASUS’ global vision is maintained through marketing and communications initiatives for the North American region. This can range from the initiatives that pertain to a single event, product, product lines, or even the company as a whole. The goal is to sustain favorable media results for ASUS at major media outlets along with key social media influencers.
Our marketing department is a fast-paced environment with many new product introductions in the pipeline at any given time, so the ideal candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized, and demonstrate strong time management skills. As a representative of ASUS, strong in-person and written communication skills as well as an eye for detail and a positive, professional demeanor will also be essential to success in this role.
ASUS Computer International offers a flexible work environment. Applicants for this role may work in our Fremont, CA office or remotely.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Drive the complete public relations life cycle for new product introductions as part of broader go-to-market plans. Issue news releases, secure earned media product reviews and influencer partnerships, and follow up to ensure timely coverage
- Conduct performance/sentiment tracking on completed coverage; track key performance indicators of our media reach and impact using internal and third-party analytics tools, and present these results to management
- Manage product sampling and tracking; ensure proper record-keeping and classification of samples; request and process sample returns when needed; ensure that sample allocations are on budget and achieving high impact/ROI
- Proactively monitor media channels for coverage, brand mentions and news trends related to ASUS products and brands; work with management and product teams to evaluate the current media landscape and provide recommendations as needed
- You will play a critical role within the PR team, supporting key communications initiatives, such as product launches, thought leadership programs, brand advocacy and events
- Interface with global and pan-regional PR teams to ensure coordination and message consistency for media activities in North America
- Visit editors/partners/influencers to convey product information, ensure best coverage results and develop strong relationships
- Identify and develop PR-worthy content and creative story ideas.
- Assist the marketing team with technical infrastructure and product displays/demos for events (CES, product launches, media tours, channel events and shows, etc.)
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in the public relations field, preferably with a product-focused consumer technology company
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, communications, or similar fields preferred
Knowledge and skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills required
- Excellent, detail-oriented in-person, written, and electronic communication skills required
- Exceptional time management, organization, and self-motivation skills required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google G Suite required
- Working knowledge of products such as laptops, desktops, displays, accessories, and other PC equipment a plus but not required
- Passion and enthusiasm for DIY PC building and gaming a huge plus but not required
- Must be a team player and enjoy working with people
- Ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- The Sr. Public Relations Specialist may be asked to participate in occasional conference calls with our Taipei, Taiwan headquarters; these calls may take place in the late evening or early morning hours.
- The Sr. Public Relations Specialist may be required to travel to and attend trade shows on an occasional basis, including international events. Remote hires may also be required to travel to our Fremont, California office as business needs demand.