Business Development Manager - OPBG
The Business Development Manager for the Open Platform Business Group is the champion to uncover business opportunities, develop accounts by providing award-winning ASUS OPBG solutions, execute key initiatives and manage relationships to allow accelerated growth.
This role requires a strong balance of business development/sales experience, technical aptitude and account management skills that deliver proven results. The Business Development Manager leverages analytics to determine, measure and communicate business effectiveness and adapt when needed for desirable results. To be successful in this role, you need to be effective at working independently and strategically to plan and execute. You also need to be a team player to work collaboratively with supporting teams to reach the established team goals.
The successful candidate has strong organizational planning skills, works well under pressure with deadlines, and can manage multiple accounts without losing focus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and possesses strong interpersonal skills is needed to be successful in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen business relationships with existing and new accounts
- Create win-win business cases for accounts, articulate the ASUS brand value proposition, seize opportunities based on market analytics and negotiate ASUS presence at named accounts
- Collaborate with the product management team to plan promotions in accordance with established goals.
- Plan, win and implement go-to-market plans with each account including forecast management, logistics, marketing and trainings
- Sales and inventory management including weekly sales and inventory analysis
- Perform competitive analysis by tracking promotions and conducting account visits.
- Analyze 3rd party data to understand the market and develop recommendations to accounts
- Routine account contacts including weekly/bi-weekly calls with both the merchandiser and the category buyer. Conduct monthly scheduled meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Collaborate with industry partners to create win-win opportunities
- Work with Channel Marketing to identify and implement best in class merchandising on sales floor and online
- Effectively communicate to ensure an appropriate level of awareness exists across the organization. Provide routine reporting that tracks business development through Salesforce.com
- Identify and resolve bottlenecks across the cross functional teams as needed to maintain growth and deliver commitments
Years of Education
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of business development and/or account management in the consumer electronics
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid understanding of the channel, the technology ecosystem and working knowledge of the fundamentals of technology preferred
- Ability to present product information, business opportunities and progress to a large audience including senior management
- Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Salesforce.com
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Takes initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Organization and priority setting skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally – approximately 30% travel
- Approximately 70% working in an office environment, requiring sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment for extended periods of time