Senior Public Relations Specialist
ASUS Computer International is seeking an outstanding Senior Public Relations Specialist to join our growing Public Relations team that’s focused on creating and communicating positive sentiment about our portfolio of innovative brands and products with the world.
As a Sr. Public Relations Specialist, you’ll work closely with our Open Products Business Group product marketing teams in North America and Taipei, Taiwan to learn and communicate about a wide range of new products, including our latest motherboards, graphics cards, displays, keyboards, mice, headsets, CPU coolers, computer cases, power supplies, and networking equipment.
Using this information, you’ll be our bridge to media outlets and influencers. With your deep knowledge of media outlets’ and writers’ particular areas of interest and our products’ relevance to them, you’ll issue press releases to create buzz, craft compelling pitches to secure media reviews from earned and paid channels, track the performance of your hits and survey the media landscape to judge the success of our PR campaigns using metrics like share of voice, and proactively monitor media channels for mentions, coverage and news trends as it pertains to ASUS products.
To fulfill these responsibilities, we’re looking for a motivated, seasoned public relations professional, preferably with experience within a product-focused consumer technology company. The ideal candidate will be able to use their strong relationships with media and influencers to pitch and consistently secure earned news and product review coverage in a highly competitive space. They’ll also identify and capitalize on high-ROI sponsorship activities with influencers.
Our marketing department is a fast-paced environment with many new product introductions in the pipeline at any given time, so the ideal candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized, and demonstrate strong time management skills. As a representative of ASUS, strong in-person and written communication skills as well as an eye for detail and a positive, professional demeanor will also be essential to success in this role.
ASUS Computer International offers a flexible work environment. Applicants for this role may choose to work in our Fremont, CA office, City of Industry, CA office, or remotely. We hire qualified candidates from across the United States of America.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Drive the complete public relations life cycle for new product introductions as part of broader go-to-market plans. Issue news releases, secure earned media product reviews and influencer partnerships, and follow up to ensure timely coverage
- Conduct performance/sentiment tracking on completed coverage; track key performance indicators of our media reach and impact using internal and third-party analytics tools, and present these results to management
- Manage product sampling and tracking; ensure proper record-keeping and classification of samples; request and process sample returns when needed; ensure that sample allocations are on budget and achieving high impact/ROI
- Proactively monitor media channels for coverage, brand mentions and news trends related to ASUS products and brands; work with management and product teams to evaluate the current media landscape and provide recommendations as needed
- 3-5 years’ experience in the public relations field, preferably with a product-focused consumer technology company
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, communications, or similar fields preferred
Knowledge and skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills required
- Excellent, detail-oriented in-person, written, and electronic communication skills required
- Exceptional time management, organization, and self-motivation skills required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google G Suite required
- Working knowledge of products such as motherboards, graphics cards, displays, keyboards, mice, headsets, CPU coolers, computer cases, power supplies, and networking equipment a plus but not required
- Passion and enthusiasm for DIY PC building and gaming a huge plus but not required
- 25% domestic travel and up to twice a year travel to Taiwan
- The Sr. Public Relations Specialist may be asked to participate in occasional conference calls with our Taipei, Taiwan headquarters; these calls may take place in the late evening or early morning hours.
- The Sr. Public Relations Specialist may be required to travel to and attend trade shows on an occasional basis, including international events. Remote hires may also be required to travel to our Fremont, California office as business needs demand.