Field Application Engineer - Motherboards/Servers
Job Description Overview:
We are seeking a Field Application Engineer to interface with Sales, Product Marketing and Engineering to provide support to our customer base with the design and integration of computer components and subsystems in customer applications for computer products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing in-depth engineering supports and increasing business on strategic projects with new and existing customers.
- Provide technical training of the product to internal sales, system integrators, and distribution sales.
- Assist sales with initial project support by providing technical product presentation and demonstration.
- Serve as champion to ensure ASUS innovations; differentiated products and best service are promoted.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Understand and communicate information regarding company products, services, and policies and procedures to new and existing customers.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of PC and Server industry products.
- Test and troubleshoot engineering samples of new products to make sure they are ready for launch and will meet project/consumer expectations.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
- Attends and participates in business/trade events that have business impact
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system and usage of command line interface.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to present/explain technical features/details in a more simplified form to customers and sales when needed.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience troubleshooting motherboards, servers, and/or work stations
- Typically works in an office environment; up to 25% travel is required
- Requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment for extended periods of time
- Be able to lift up to 75 pounds from time to time