Business Planning Analyst
Business Planning is responsible for preparing business models, forecasting and validating business assumptions. The role focuses on the overall strategy of the Retail Business Unit with a strong attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Lead financial analysis and support of the Retail Business Unit
- Develop and maintain BU P&L profitability by segment
- Detailed financial analysis of factors driving profitability including service, logistics and product costing
- Reconcile Business Plan with actual financial performance
- Collaborate with Retail Business Unit management, sales and finance to drive profitability and top-line growth
- The individual will be responsible for annual plan, prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management reports that compare actual results to forecasts.
- Support sales with dispute reconciliation with accounting and finance
- Assist in decisions regarding support sales expenditures including advertising, sell-through programs and inventory management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration equivalent degree and 3+ years of relevant business experience of Finance or Business Planning.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with management and employees on all levels.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, and flexible.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, while being able to recognize and support Company’s preferences and priorities.
- Attention to detail is a high priority. Must also demonstrate a sense of urgency commensurate with the needs of the sales department.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and data.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, customers, and the general public
- Fluent in English is a must; Mandarin is a plus.
- Experienced knowledge of personal computer with mastered skills in MS Excel.
- Proficiency with database applications and presentation software applications such as PowerPoint are also required.
- Knowledge and experience in downloading data from mainframe to PC applications.
- Ability to write Ad Hoc query reports.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of financial, legal and technical information.