Tax Accountant III
Job Description Overview:
Except for general accounting job, this role is also expected to be fostered as a tax expert in the accounting including income tax return and sales tax of the regions in which ASUS is doing business. In order to reach the goal, you will have to learn how to do research on your own regarding business change, prepare the documents for tax filing and audit, and review the working paper of our outside tax consultant, therefore, strong accounting and tax experience with analytical skill as well as familiarity our industry and quick absorption skill of business change are required.
- Participate month end close such as bank and accounts reconciliation.
- Reconcile and file US sales tax and E-waste from transaction to bank.
- Reconcile and file WA B&O tax and Ohio CAT.
- Review and file property tax.
- Responsible for all income tax related calculation and review including but not limit to monthly accrual, quarterly estimated payment and annual return.
- Research related tax laws for new business or organizations and provide summary for decision making after studying and discussing with consultants.
- Reconcile and analyze all accounts to ensure transactions are recorded accurately and account balances are accurately stated in accordance with IFRS, tax regulation and company policy for Mexican subsidiary.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and ensure compliance with HQ internal control requirement, GAAP and tax regulation.
- Fulfill request of external quarterly review and annual audit.
- Help whole team to keep improving efficiency and accounting quality through the finding from different kinds of analysis.
- Assist with special projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sales tax, VAT and corporate income tax.
- Proficient in MS office, especially excel (must be familiar different kinds of functions for analysis).
- Ability to set tasks, priorities and deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required, additional tax course or degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting or tax field.
- Computer related industry with manufacturing function work experience is preferred.
- Required bilingual written and verbal communication skills in English & Mandarin