Live Video Producer - Gaming
Job Description Overview:
Are you a seasoned streamer or videographer with a captivating personality and infectious passion PC gaming and hardware? ASUS is looking for an exceptional Live Video Producer to join our content marketing team. This person will create and host weekly gaming and podcast-style streams that cover ROG and ASUS gaming products, and demonstrate the experiences they enable firsthand. Applicants must be comfortable performing on camera, effective at engaging a live audience, and capable of incorporating outside direction into their work.
Pro gaming credentials are not required, but above-average skill in both competitive and single-player games is an asset. You need to be at least proficient and entertaining enough while gaming to maintain an audience’s attention over the course of multiple hours. Exceptional candidates will have demonstrable experience creating both competitive and “Let’s Play”-style content in a live setting, perhaps through their own Twitch or YouTube channel.
Successful applicants will produce and host live video streams on platforms like Twitch and YouTube Live. They will collaborate with writers, video producers, and technical experts from the content team and other groups to plan their activities, messaging, and discussion for individual episodes. This position also involves constructively and positively engaging with the audience, and evaluating the performance of episodes and initiatives using analytical tools.
Footage from live streams will be used in additional marketing materials, including experiential product videos hosted on our YouTube channels, and additional content for social media. Successful candidates will work with the content team and other stakeholders to ensure live video meets the requirements of other projects.
Applicants may work and stream from our office in Fremont, CA. Working remotely from home is possible for applicants with the bandwidth and equipment required to host a high-quality stream. This position may also involve occasional travel to industry and gaming events, plus our Taipei headquarters and Fremont office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Support the marketing team across multiple channels by producing live video content, including both commentary-infused gameplay and podcast-style discussions
● Maintain a production calendar and project tracker to provide transparency about schedules, workload, deadlines, and future plans
● Manage multiple projects and execute on tight timelines
● Manage episode production through the entire lifecycle, from initial concept through pre-production, production, and subsequent analysis
● Understand and incorporate emerging trends in gaming, live streaming, and social media
● A portfolio/demo reel demonstrating abilities as video producer and host (Twitch or YouTube Live)
● A minimum of 3 years of live video production and post-production experience in a professional environment
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
● Proficiency with OBS and live gameplay streaming on Windows PCs
● Experience with multi-camera live switching
● Comfortable with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
● Strong live production skills both in-studio and on-location
● Excellent work ethic
● Meticulous attention to detail
● Positive attitude
● Bachelor's degree in design, film, arts and/or other related fields preferred
● Enthusiastic fan of PC gaming and technology
● Experienced gamer across multiple popular genres
● Established personality and community on YouTube, Twitch, or other content distribution channels (for our reference—you will not be required to stream for or represent ASUS exclusively)
● Proficient with Adobe CC, specifically After Effects, Premiere, and Photoshop
● Knowledge of cameras, lighting, and sound recording devices